Browse Beds wholesalers, exporters, manufacturers, dealers & suppliers.
A bed is a piece of furniture which is used as a place to sleep and relax. Usually beds consist of a soft, cushioned mattress on a bed frame. Mattress usually rest on a solid base that is either wood slats, or a sprung base. A box spring inner-sprung base is present in many beds, which is a large mattress-sized box containing wood and springs. This provide additional support and suspension for the mattress. Beds are available in many sizes. This could be infant-sized bassinets and cribs, beds for a single person or adult, large queen and king-size beds designed for two people.
Most beds are single mattresses with a fixed frame. However, there are other varieties, such as the murphy bed, which folds into a wall, the sofa bed, which folds out of a sofa, and the bunk bed, which provides two mattresses on two tiers as well as a ladder to get to the upper tier. Inflatable air mattress and folding camp cot are example of Temporary beds. Some beds has neither padded mattress nor a bed frame. Hammock is an example of such type of bed.
Types of Beds:
- An adjustable bed can be adjusted to various positions. Hospital beds are adjustable. A patient can have different parts of her body elevated using this bad which will help for many medical reasons.
- An air bed has an air-inflated mattress. These are sometimes connected to an electric air pump, having variable and firmness controls. It is used for travel or temporary guest as the portable version of an air bed can be rolled up and packed.
- A sofabed is a folding bed that is stored inside a sofa. Sofa beds are also called convertibles and hideaways.
- The frame of a brass bed is constructed from brass. A brass-plated bed is a cheaper bed of iron with a thin covering of brass. With time the brass covering is peeled off and the iron is exposed.
- Two or more beds one atop the other is called as a bunk bed. Bunk beds are used for adults in military. Bunk beds are also used for children and teens in summer camps as well as in private homes.
- A loft bed is identical to a bunk bed. The only difference is there is no lower bunk. So, there is enough space underneath for storage, other furniture, a desk etc.
- A bassinet is a bed specifically for newborns.
- A camp bed, also known as "cot" is a simple, temporary, portable bed used by armies and by campers. Cots are also used for refugees and other homeless people during disasters, floods, or other crises.
- A canopy bed is identical to a four poster bed. But the posts are usually extend higher and are adorned or draped with cloth. Sometimes it completely encloses the bed. Examples include the Polish bed.
- A curtained bed is an example of luxury bed with curtains.
- A traditional style of Japanese bed is a futon that uses a mattress on a wooden frame. Futons are available in a larger Western style. These can be folded halfway for sitting.
- An infant bed also known as "crib" or "cot" is a small bed specifically for babies and infants.
- A hammock is a piece of suspended fabric or netting. It is used in ships and in some homes.
- A hideaway bed folds up into another piece of furniture, such as a shelf or desk, when not in use.
- Mostly Hospital beds are adjustable, so that the head or feet of a patient can be raised or lowered. Modern hospital beds have wheels to assist in moderate relocation. However, they are larger and generally more permanently placed.
- A "cabin bed" is a platform bed with drawers and storage compartments built in underneath.
- A Murphy bed can fold up into a wall or cabinet to save space.
- An iron bed is constructed of iron and steel.
- A four poster bed contain four posts, one in each corner, that support a tester.
- A traditional Punjabi bed made of tied ropes bordered by a wooden frame is often called as Manjaa.
- A waterbed is a flexible plastic mattress full of water. A strong frame is required around the plastic container.
- A mourning bed is a formal canopied bed, with the deceased, a wax effigy, or symbols of rank.
- A box-bed is a large box with wooden roof, sides, and ends. It can open in front with two sliding panels or shutters.
- An Ottoman bed is a type of storage bed in which the storage area is placed underneath the mattress base and accessed by lifting the hinged mattress frame with the help of a spring or hydraulic mechanism.
- A toddler bed is meant for young children and are usually small bed.