COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services:
COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services is a customized health insurance policy for groups dedicated to covering hospitalization and treatment costs of the covid-19.
Some facts about COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services:
- The treatment expense for COVID - 19 is very expensive which may put you in financial distress.
- Taking a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy can help safegaurd you and your family against raising medical cost of COVID - 19.
- Hospitalization and other medical expenses related to the treatment of COVID - 19 can be covered under this policy.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy can be issued to a group of people who are working for a common employer, entrepreneur or businessman.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy is a group health insurance for coronavirus disease that covers worker or employee working for a employer.
- You can get a comprehensive health insurance that also covers the coronavirus among other illnesses, diseases and healthcare benefits as preventive measures are better than cure..
- The Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) approved two standard Covid-19 Health Insurance plans, namely Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak t help people shield themselves from the financial impact of the Covid-19 medical expenses.
- Both of these health insurance policies are designed to protect you against Covid-19 treatment costs at an affordable premium.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy is a perfect mediclaim policy for those employee who are not qualified for medical insurance under ESIC.
- COVID - 19 Group health insurance plans can be bought by businesses and organizations in order to provide medical coverage to their employees or members where only groups can enroll in group medical insurance plans.
- The premium of COVID - 19 Group health insurance plan may vary form insurer to insurer.
- You need to compare various plan while taking a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy and choose the best for you that suits your needs.
- Buying a COVID - 19 Group health insurance plan online can save you time and effort as it is a very quick and convenient process
- Importance of COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services:
- The need to take extra precautions for your health is of high importance in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
- IRDAI has mandated general and health insurance providers to offer short term specific health cover for Covid-19 with standard guidelines across the insurance industry to address this challenge.
- Coverage can be provided for any medical expenses incurred by he group members during the treatment of COVID - 19 disease.
- IRDAI has made it compulsory for all companies to provide group health insurance policies against COVID -19.
- The companies can begin their operation in office only when they provide group health insurance policies against COVID -19 to all their employee.
- So, it is important for the employer to provide group health insurance policies against COVID -19 to all their employee.
Features of COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services:
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services offers additional benefit than those provided by regular Group Health Insurance Services.
- All the members o the group will get individual coverage up to the sum insured amount as this policy is available as an individual cover.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy is ideal for laborers and contractors working for a common employer, entrepreneur or businessman.
- Floater cover are offered to the insured under this policy or labor by some insurance companies.
Benefits of COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services:
There are several benefits of purchasing a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance plan. These include:
Made Compulsory by IRDAI:
It has been made compulsory for all companies to provide group health insurance policies to their employer against COVID -19 as per Insurance Regulatory and development Authority o India in April 2020.
The employer can begin their operation in office only when they provide group health insurance policies against COVID -19 to all their employee.
Cover Medical Expenses:
All your medical expenses will be covered incase you get infected by coronavirus if a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy is provided by your company.
Your medical expenses can go up to 20-25 lakhs after getting hospitalized which will be managed by the insurance policy.
A sense of security can be provided by a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy as the employee won't have to pay from his pocket for the medical expenses.
Cover the Dependent of Employee:
Coverage can not only be provided or the employee but also or his dependent in a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy.
The wife, children and even his parents can be covered under this policy.
You can build loyalty or your organization by purchasing COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy for them as they eel valued and believe that you care about them.
Inclusions and Exclusions in COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy:
The coverage included in a COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy are:
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses will be covered in this policy.
- The pre-hospitalization expenses are covered for 30 days where as post hospitalization expenses are covered for 30-60 days.
- Hospitalization Costs including room rent, boarding and nursing charges, medical practitioners, consultants, specialists, anaesthesia, surgeons, anaesthetists, operation theatre, surgical appliances, ventilator charges, medicines, drugs, diagnostic tests, etc are covered under this policy.
- The policy will cover the expenses of road and air ambulance in case it is required.
- Coverage for all kind of day care treatment is provided by COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy.
- Home care treatment for a maximum of 14 days as recommended by a doctor/expert including doctor visit fees, medicines, nursing charges, pulse oximeter, medical practitioner consulting charges, oxygen cylinder(s), nebulizer, etc are covered under this policy.
- Expenses of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) are included in the policy.
- Costs towards oxygen, PPE kits, gloves, masks, and similar expenses are also covered.
- Expenses related to AYUSH prescribed treatment by a medical practitioner for Covid-19 are also covered.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy also cover for a second opinion when you are not satisfied with the medical opinion given by the first doctor.
Exclusions in COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy are:
- Pre-existing disease, waiting period, maternity cover or new born cover as well as health personnel coverage are excluded in COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy.
- Coverage will not be provided for any pre-existing disease. It will only cover the expenses for problem arises due to coronavirus.
- COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance policy does not provide any coverage for health personnel who comes in diect contact of COVID infected person.
- Pre-natal and post-natal medical expenses, unless it leads to hospitalization is not covered under this policy
- If you get hospitalized for any condition, that doesn’t match with the doctor’s prescription is not covered.
- The insurance company can reject your claim for hospitalization expenses in case the insured person gets tested for Covid-19 from a non-authorized diagnostic centre.
- The claim will be rejected if raise a claim within the stipulated waiting period of 15 days.
- Hospitalization expense for less than 24 hours in the case of Corona Kavach policy and 72 hours in the case of Corona Rakshak policy is not covered under the policy.
- Medical expenses those are not related to Covid-19 or other medical treatments not mentioned in the policy document are not covered.
- Covid-19 medical treatment and diagnostic tests taken outside India will not be covered.
- The claim will be rejected if you have traveled to any of the countries restricted by the government.
- Cost of medicines that are not prescribed by the doctor are excluded under this policy.
- Any expenses towards inoculation or preventive treatment such as vaccination will not be covered by this policy.
Required Documents for COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Claim:
- Claim form filled by the insured, diagnosis of doctor and the suggested line of treatment, all medical reports including any kind of test report, prescription of doctor, medical bills, Hospital bill, payment receipt and discharge card issued by the hospital are the required documents for COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Claim.
- A claim can be registered for labor or contract worker with the insurance company by intimating the health insurer about the detected disease or emergency hospitalization.
- You need to ill up the claim form and keep ready with all required documents for making a claim for COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance.
- The claim form along with all required documents need to be send to the insurer.
- The claim will be paid to the labor or contract worker after evaluating your claim document along with your policy coverage by the insurer
Types of Covid-19 Health Insurance Plans:
Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak are two types of standard Covid-19 health insurance policies to secure you against Covid-19 treatment expenses.
Corona Kavach is a standard indemnity based policy in which only the hospital and medical bills will get reimbursed up to the sum insured amount subject to policy terms and conditions.
The cost of Covid-19 treatment is covered in Corona Kavach policy if you are hospitalized for more than 24 hours upon being diagnosed with the coronavirus infection by any of the government authorized diagnostic centres.
It is a short term policy and the tenure is of 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months.
The minimum and maximum sum insured is Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 5 lakhs respectively
Corona Rakshak is a standard fixed benefit plan, where 100 percent of the sum insured amount is paid to you as per policy terms and conditions.
Corona Rakshak policy is a standard benefit based policy for Covid-19.
A lump sum amount will be paid by the insurance company, which is the sum insured, if you are hospitalized for a minimum of 72 hours after testing Covid-19 positive by any of the government authorized testing center.
The basic sum insured is Rs. 50,000 and the maximum is Rs. 2.5 lakhs which will be paid in multiples of Rs. 50,000.
The policy will cease to exist once the entire amount is paid out.
You need to be diagnosed Covid-19 positive by a government authorized testing centre and also you need to be hospitalized for at least 72 hours for the treatment to get the claim under this policy.
Room rent, any comorbid/pre-existing conditions, boarding and nursing charges, anesthetists, surgeons and doctors fees, and Intensive Care Units (ICU) are all covered in Corona Rakshak policy.
Charges towards lab tests, oxygen, and ventilators will also be covered under the policy.
Individuals between 18 and 65 years are eligible to buy both the Covid insurance plans.
However, Corona Rakshak is an individual policy and there is no option to purchase a family floater plan.
You can buy both types of Covid-19 health insurance online.
The waiting period is 15 days for both Covid insurance plans during which you cannot raise any claims.
Additional Health Benefits of Covid-19 Health Insurance Plans:
- Health benefits are add-ons that can be opted-for by a company for their employees and can be easily added to your cover after the purchase of plan as well.
- OPD consultation, annual health checkups and mental wellness support over and above their cover are most add-ons available that companies go for.
- Even though similar benefits are provided to the entire team, benefits for select employees can also be set up as each add-on benefit is charged on a per member basis.
- All benefits can be accessed by your employees through the specific app provided by the insurance company by login using their id and they can navigate, explore and use benefits directly through their dashboard..
- Various health conditions and preventing complications related to them can be diagnosed at an early stage with annual preventive health-checkups.
Benefits of using an Covid-19 Health Insurance service App:
- A transparent understanding of how your team is using their health insurance and other health benefits can be provided by the app.
- Real time status for every claim that is made by your team member or their families can also be provided.
- You can monitor your claims ratio so that you can better plan your renewal premiums
Enquire for COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services Providers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have COVID - 19 Group Health Insurance Services providers at major parts of India including Maihar, Longowal, Karaikal, Neyyattinkara, Silchar, Pathardi, Nuzvid, Baharampur, Phagwara, Bahraich, Pithapuram, Pasan, Faridkot, Pratapgarh, Adityapur, Vrindavan, Palampur, Tarbha, Khair, Hugli Chinsurah, Manwath, Mandi, Tohana, Kailasahar, Yellandu, Lakshmeshwar, Achalpur, Pudukkottai, Kharar, O' Valley, Panchla, Bhawanipatna, Srirampore, Cherthala, Sasvad, Sira, Samalkha, Tiruvethipuram, Dhubri, Sattur, Yadgir, Anjangaon, Sirsi, Mariani, Pukhrayan, Ballari, Medinipur, Sathyamangalam, Bikaner, Vadnagar and other localities of India as well.