Drinking Water Fountains
Browse Drinking Water Fountains wholesalers, exporters, manufacturers, dealers & suppliers.
Drinking Water Fountains:
Drinking water fountain is a fountain that is designed to provide drinking water to general public in public places like airports, offices, schools, shopping malls and other high traffic areas. A typical drinking water fountain consists of a basin with either continuously running water or a tap. Generally it requires to bend down to the stream of water for a person to swallow water directly from the stream. Filters can be incorporated in a drinking water fountain to remove impurities from the water and chillers to get cold water. Basically the fountain contains a miniature refrigerator to cool the water. Many of these are wheelchair accessible and an additional unit of a lower height is included for children and short adults.
The water provided in public fountains is usually just the same as tap water, unless a filter is incorporated in it. As there is always a risk of the water carrying contaminants, you should be careful while drinking water from public water fountains. Also the water fountain itself may be in constant exposure to the air or physical contaminants. May be the basin, handle, rim, or tap is contaminated by any of the reasons. Therefore, unless you are completely healthy and possess a strong immune system, think before you drink from a public water fountain. However, be sure to wash and disinfect your hands immediately after using them to avoid picking up bacteria if it is that necessary to drink water from a public fountain.
Types of Drinking Water Fountains:
There are a variety of options and configurations available based on the requirement. These can be used in any public places such as office, schools, parks, or simple work establishments. These can be installed in your home for personal use as well.
- The wall mounted dual station fountain is attached to the wall. Both the stations sit side by side with one station set up higher than the other. This is a popular choice as it is accessible by wheelchair also. This wall mounted option also is available with a single unit.
- A floor mounted drinking fountain simply hooks into the plumbing line through the ground to provide water flow. These are also available in either single or double fountain setting.
- Drinking water fountains that are fully recessed into a wall are also available which can be used by those that do not have space for a unit to sit on the ground.
All of these drinking water fountain types come equipped with a bubbler, a basin, and other basic things to install it. However, the cooling units to chill the water are usually sold separately. Drinking water fountains are made of different materials and color. Options include stainless steel, premium composite with a white finish, and options that contain no lead.
Choosing the right drinking water fountain depends on many factors such as whether the location where you want to install the fountain have high or low traffic, does it require to meet ADA requirements, whether it has to be installed outside or inside and the amount of space you have for a floor or wall mounted unit.
- Water borne diseases like E. coli, influenza, Norovirus, giardia, Shigella, and Legionella are just a few examples that you can pick up from a public water fountain if not used properly.
- Another risk due to old and neglected pipes are metal contamination. This can be because of the harmful minerals like lead that comes along with the drinking water from the wear off pipes.
- Babies, young children, pregnant and lactating women, old people and those who are not healty or have low immunity are not recommended to drink from public water fountains.