A False Ceiling is often a secondary ceiling, hung below the main ceiling. It may also be referred to as a Dropped Ceiling or Suspended Ceiling, and is a staple of modern construction and architecture.
Different Types of False Ceiling:
A list of different materials that help make a beautiful false ceiling are:
Gypsum False Ceiling Materials:
A hydrated sulfate of calcium, gypsum is the best choice to create a false ceiling for home interiors, including living rooms, bedrooms and kitchens, as it is lightweight, fire-resistant, sound-insulated, and easy on the pocket.
one can hang these square boards in any pattern to conceal lights and hide electrical cables and pipelines with an iron framework to support. You can either paint, laminate or even use wallpaper to finish the look over these easy-to-install boards to suit the design of the room
POP (Plaster of Paris) False Ceiling Materials:
POP gives a smooth finish and one can mould it to suit any design innovation on the ceiling. This versatile material suits modern homes the best where warm cove lighting brightens the house such as living rooms and bedrooms. You can use it along with another false ceiling material like wood or glass for an unmatched, contemporary appeal.
Fibre False Ceiling Materials:
Fibre false ceilings are mostly used in large showrooms and office spaces. The installation process is easy and they are budget-friendly. They come factory-made in many shapes and size.
Metal False Ceiling Materials:
Metal ceilings are the most durable with easy installation and low labour cost that can be used for industries, hospitals and schools.
Wooden False Ceiling Materials:
If you wish to reflect your interiors the natural beauty and serenity outside of your four walls, the ceiling has to be designed with wooden beams that give the house a warm, rustic look. You can arrange these wooden panels to create various patterns on the ceiling to give it a modern appeal.
Gyptone False Ceiling Materials:
Gyptone ceilings which are essentially perforated plasterboard are favourable for an office environment. The design revolves around good acoustics and efficient air conditioning. Additionally, these are visually presentable, easy to maintain and have a long life span.
Advantages of False Ceiling:
- A false ceiling hides the duct work, pipes and electrical wires giving the ceiling a clutter free neat and clean look.
- It is easy to reassemble the panels of a false ceiling in case of repair works.
- A false ceiling plays a key role in acoustics and sound absorption. It is designed in such a way that it adds to noise reduction thus, making the space quiet
- It is much more economical to install a false ceiling than to get the entire ceiling renovated in case of damages as they are removable.
- A false ceiling can prove to be energy efficient as it aids in reducing heat during summers and cold during winters, thus lowering the electric bills.
Disadvantages of False Ceiling:
- One of the major disadvantages of false ceiling is that it can reduce the height of a room by several inches or feet as it is hung below the existing ceiling.
- It requires frequent maintenance and does not have long life. Sagging is possible in case of false ceiling and the ceiling gets decoloured or stained after frequent use for few years.
- False ceilings are not as solid as the traditional ceilings, especially in the case of natural calamities like earthquakes they might turn out to be unstable. Another danger is the falling of installed fixtures.
- The most obvious minus with false ceilings is the headway they take up. It can take anywhere between 5 to 8 inches to encase lighting or any other fixtures.
Enquire for False Ceiling Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have False Ceiling suppliers at major parts of India including Pithoragarh, Mahe, Ranaghat, Unjha, Surandai, Mangaldoi, Patna, Nagla, Forbesganj, Shamsabad, Umbergaon, Kanpur, Tuljapur, Eluru, Sivagiri, Achhnera, Karjat, Nabha, Anjangaon, Shahbad, Dehri on Sone, Tirwaganj, Macherla, Sarangpur, Udumalaipettai, Shamli, Namagiripettai, Shahganj, Vatakara, Partur, Tura, Thangadh, Port Blair, Shivpuri, Sindhagi, Shrirampur, Uravakonda, Mokameh, Vandavasi, Taki, Pipar City, Mavoor, Rajgarh, Keshod, Thiruvananthapuram, Adyar, Kottayam, Salem, Pallikonda, Patratu and other localities of India as well and False Ceiling suppliers near you.