Footwear is a type of garments worn on the feet, to get protection against adversities of the environment such as wear from ground textures and temperature.
Some facts about Footwear:
- The primarily purpose of Footwear is to ease locomotion and prevent injuries.
- Footwear can also be used for fashion and adornment as well as to indicate the status of the person within a social structure.
- Wearing socks between the feet and other footwear can provide further comfort and relief.
- Usually, modern footwear is made up of leather or plastic, and rubber.
- Leather was one of the original materials that was used for the first versions of a shoe.
- Rubber or plastic can be used for making soles of footwear. Sometimes it will have a sheet of metal inside.
- Sheets of metal were used on the soles of Roman sandals, so that it would not bend out of shape.
- The footwear should be of perfect fit as improper footwear can lead to various foot conditions.
- Proper footwear is critical for reducing the risk of certain parasitic diseases and foot infections in third world countries.
- Proper footwear is also important or people with diabetic to minimize diabetic foot infections and to provide support to feet for comfort and proper healing.
- Other foot conditions, like bunions, Charcot foot, and corns can also be reduced with proper footwear.
Types of Footwear:
Footwear can be of different types including Boots, Shoes, Sandals and Slipper.
- Boots are kind of footwear that cover the foot, ankle, and a part of the leg. Types of boots include:
- Ankle boots extend up to the ankles. Ankle boot having a slip with an elastic side panel is called a Chelsea boot.
- Chukka boot or desert boots are ankle boot made of suede or leather with laces.
- Cowboy boots are heeled shoes with a wide shaft that hits mid-calf which are initially worn by cowboys as work boots
- Hiking boots are athletic shoes having slip-resistant rubber soles, a thick insole for arch support, thick upper material, and extend up to the ankle.
- Hiking boots are used for hiking and walking in different weather conditions. Some of these boots are insulated for warmth or are waterproof.
- Knee-high boots extend to the knee and have a heel and pointed or rounded toe. These boots were originally created for horse riding to protect riders from mud.
- Wellington boots, also known as galoshes or rain boots and have a thick, slip-resistant rubber sole and a shaft that hits at the mid-calf or knee. These are waterproof boots that help protect feet from the rain. It was named after Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.
- Shoe is a type of footwear that protects the foot with a sole by covering it.
- Shoes not only help protect our feet and heal from various condition but can also aid in support and stability of our foot.
- Properly fitting shoes can help align your feet, ankles, knees, hips as well as back to correct your gait and improve posture.
- The biomechanics of the body get imbalance causing unnecessary impact and stress on parts of your feet and knees which can eventually lead to back, knee and foot pain.
- Poorly fitted shoes can have a negative impact on your foot health.
- Optimal foot conditions and protection for your feet can be maintained by replacement of shoes that no longer serve your feet as intended
Common types of shoes include:
- Athletic shoes, also known as sneakers, contain a rubber sole and canvas upper. These type of shoes can be worn while doing physical activity.
- Different types of athletic shoes are available for various functions. Additional sole support is provided in Running shoes to protect the feet against ground impact.
- Tennis shoes are meant for tennis players as they are specifically designed to be flexible.
- High-tops shoes that extend up to the ankles are meant for basketball players as it provide stability.
- Lace-up ballet shoes are traditionally worn by ballet dancers when they dance.
- Ballet flats, which is an everyday version of the slip-on shoes feature a rubber sole.
- Mary Jane shoes are a version of a Ballet flat having a strap across the top .
- Boat shoes are canvas or leather slip-on shoes which have rubber soles that feature a cut pattern to prevent slippage on wet decks.
- Any low-heeled shoe, loafer, or boot featuring broguing, or hole perforations is known as Brogue shoes. These are usually made of leather and are common in menswear.
- A wingtip is a type of brogue shoes that is W-shaped, pointed toe cap with wings that run along the side of the shoe, ending before the ball of the foot.
- Clogs refers to any slip-on shoe that has a thick, wooden sole and an open back.
- Espadrilles are summer shoes having a fiber sole and a canvas upper. They lace up around the ankles. Some espadrilles are flat, where as others are platform shoes.
- Flip flops are flat sandals with a Y-shaped strap which separates the big toe from the other toes. These are everyday casual shoes that can be worn in the summer, particularly for the beach.
- Any shoe with more than one inch heel is called a high-heel shoe. High heels come in many styles, including high heel sandals or stilettos with long and thin heels.
- Loafers are slip-on shoes made out of leather with a heel and rounded toe. It can serve as business shoes. Trendy casual wear shoes are loafers made of fabric. Penny loafers are a version of loafers having a leather strap on top.
- Oxford shoes are classic dress shoes lace up that are typically polished brown or black leather and have a low heel with a slightly pointed toe.
- A cap toe oxford is more of a formal shoe and has horizontal stitching on the toe box.
- A derby shoe, also known as a blucher shoe, is a version of the oxford shoe having open lacing and the shoelace eyelets are on top of the vamp.
- Derby shoe can lace up looser than the oxford shoe as the front part of the shoe will cover the toes and part of the foot.
- Monk strap shoes are similar in look to oxford shoes. But the enclosure is a wide strap across the vamp instead of laces.
- Platform shoes features a heel and a thick sole to elevate the foot off of the ground. These can be sandals, boots or close-toed shoes.
- Slingbacks are kind of shoe with a covered toe and a strap that goes around the heels to secure the shoe. These can be either flat or have heels.
- Strappy sandals have straps across the foot and sometimes up the ankles. These can be flat or feature a low or high heel.
- Sneakers are the first option that comes to your mind when you think about which footwear you should choose as it provide comfortability as well as versatility to the wearer.
- You should pick sneakers as your footwear if you are involved in some strenuous exercise.
- You can also wear sneakers when playing some high active games such as basketball, football, and baseball.
- Your knee and ankles will get protected from getting injured, especially during gameplay by wearing sneakers.
- You should invest in a good pair of sneakers to avoid blisters and soreness in your feet during running caused by rubbing the heel against the wrong type of shoes.
- A good pair of sneakers provides you with the support that you require while playing, running or or playing, or exercising.
- Stability when they jump or land in the ground is essential as with flat feet people are more prone to fall easily over the ground when doing activities like running and walking. Stability can be provided by a good pair of footwear.
- Breathability is an important quality allows the air to enter and leave the shoe.
- Shoes are made from breathable materials should be chosen while doing high strenuous exercises as lack of proper ventilation can lead to bad odor and infections resulting from bacteria and fungi.
- Overall body alignment can be achieved with the right inner soles. They also help in even distribution of our body weight. So, you will not have to strain or encounter arch pain from your shoe.
- Pressure will be relieved from different parts of your body, making it comfortable throughout the day with proper alignment.
- Shoes that are of lightweight are recommended for walking.
- You should also ensure that it has a shock absorber feature around the heel for comfort as discomfort around the heel area often causes pain or a burning sensation.
- Shoe with extra shock absorbers and a strong torsion are best suitable for athletic activities.
- It can be ensured by the torsion that the shoe or heel does not twist easily thus protecting you from likely injuries when you sprint or jump.
Footwear are of 3 types based on their structural characteristics and how they will compliment your feet. These include Motion Control, Stability and Neutral.
Motion Control Shoes:
- People with Flat feet can benefit from motion control footwear, as these footwear is the most supportive and corrective.
- Motion control footwear have medial support built into the midsole to help with overpronation and limit the damage and wear to the inner portion of your shoe.
- The shoe will stop the inward rolling of your gait also can help lessen the chances of a foot injury with medial support.
- A stiff heel, firmer cushioning, and overall less flexibility through the midsole can be featured in a Motion control shoe.
- The amount of cushioning is not an indicator of the type of shoe. However, it is a combination of medial features, stiff plastic and other factors which can also be stiff, or soft, depending on the denseness and type of foam.
- Stability footwear are suitable for people with normal, flat and low arches. These are also suitable for mild pronators, or heavier-set runners.
- It is more than neutral footwear and doesn't provide as much support as a motion control shoe.
- Extra support, called a medial post can be featured on the inner side of the shoe side to prevent arch collapse.
- It is not as rigid as motion control footwear.
- Stability footwear can help prevent excessive lateral movement for your foot as motion control shoes.
- Stability shoes are a simplified version of motion control shoes and are also a nice medium between having support under your arch and being too supportive and heavy.
- Mild overpronation can be corrected by Stability footwear.
- Neutral shoes have simple cushioning, and no wedges or stiff plastic support along the arch. So, any sort of under or overcompensation can be prevented when walking or running.
- It does not have medial support or features within the midsole.
- The structure of the shoe is comparatively symmetrical.
- Neutral shoes should be considered when your foot fails to roll inwards and applies pressure to your outer foot because any stability features would be moot.
Benefits of Shoes:
- You must look at the comfort level rather than focusing on the design and the appearance of a footware on your feet.
- Comfort and support must be provided to your legs since it is holding your body weight throughout the whole day.
- Foot problems such as Corns, Ingrown toenails, Fungal nail infections and Athlete's foot can be prevented by wearing proper shoes.
- Lack of proper foot support or a prolonged period can cause arches to collapse, and can cause serious joint pain.
- Shoes can help absorb impact as we walk. However, improper fitting shoes can throw the whole body out of alignment.
- Pain is an almost inevitable side effect if shoes don’t have enough padding.
- The ankles, knees, hip joints and lower back can get affected by bad shoes.
- Pain caused by bad shoes can limits mobility, making it difficult to perform normal daily tasks.
- People are susceptible to parasitic worms and other foot infections when goes out side to those area where sanitation is poor and disease is widespread without wearing shoes.
- Risk for hookworm, tick bites and injuries increases wit out shoes.
Ringworm, also known as dermatophytosis or tinea, is a fungal infection of the skin. Several types of contagious fungal infections occurs on the top layer of the skin, scalp, and nails.
People with diabetes can have major complications related to foot. Hence Foot care among diabetics has to be taken care very importantly.
Blister also called a vesicle is a pocket of fluid between the upper layers of skin because of friction, freezing, burning, infection, and chemical burns. Blisters are also a symptom of some diseases.
Cracked feet can be a result of dehydration, improper diet and wearing the wrong kinds of footwear.
Diabetes is a group of diseases in which the body either doesn’t produce enough or any insulin, does not properly use the insulin that is produced, or a combination of both.
Skin ulcers are painful, open sores or wounds that keep returning or don't heal properly.
Enquire for Footwear Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have Footwear suppliers at major parts of India including Nimbahera, Makhdumpur, O' Valley, Mahendragarh, Sangareddy, Morshi, Pukhrayan, Warisaliganj, Tiruvethipuram, Sira, Cherthala, Shahpura, Udaipurwati, Samalkha, Mahe, Hugli Chinsurah, Goalpara, Yerraguntla, Tohana, Mahemdabad, Pondicherry, Nagercoil, Bhainsa, Kadi, Rajahmundry, Baleshwar Town, Khair, Sohagpur, Bikaner, Maihar, Reengus, Raghogarh Vijaypur, Panchla, Medinipur, Medininagar, Pasan, Gokak, Yadgir, Rajnandgaon, Karaikal, Nuzvid, Srirampore, Faridkot, Dhanbad, Tarbha, Hapur, Sagwara, Rayagada, Robertson Pet, Padmanabhapuram and other localities of India as well and Footwear suppliers near you.
Use Getatoz to find the best Footwear suppliers for your need. We've helped thousands of businesses choose the right Footwear suppliers, stockists, distributors, super stockists & sub stockists.
Footwear Suppliers Across World
Browse Footwear suppliers across the globe including Iran, Eritrea, Aruba, Faroe Islands, Netherlands, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tuvalu, Northern Ireland, Burkina Faso, Suriname, Liechtenstein, Vanuatu, Iraq, Saint Lucia, Morocco, Cameroon, Northern Mariana Islands, Angola, Djibouti, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Philippines, Guatemala, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Mozambique, Panama, Virgin Islands, British, Uzbekistan, Sweden, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Greece, Equatorial Guinea, South Sudan, Yugoslavia, Nauru, Isle of Man, Monaco, Marshall Islands, Malawi, Qatar, Bolivia, Barbados, Kazakhstan, El Salvador, Thailand, Indonesia, Guinea-Bissau, Montserrat, Denmark, Mayotte and other localities of World as well..
How can Getatoz help in getting the best Footwear Wholesalers near you?
You can browse Footwear Wholesalers on the basis of your location. Submit your requirement and suppliers will contact you with their best price offers for Footwear. Getatoz have some of the Best Footwear Suppliers of 2022