Plants that grow indoors are called as Indoor plants. Plants that require a low amount of light and water to survive are typically known as indoor plants. Examples of common indoor plants: Dracaena, Hedera Helix, Sansevieria Zeylanica Superba, Aglaonema, Dracaena, Ferns, Philodendrons, Palms, Pothos, Spathiphyllum, Succulents and Scindapsus.
Greenery brightens up indoor spaces and can improve concentration and productivity, reduce stress levels and boost the mood of a person.
They can also affect the health, prosperity and fortune of the inhabitants as it is believed to maintain the flow and balance of energy in a household..
They release oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide. This not only freshens up the air, but also eliminates harmful toxins. As indoor plants are easy to take care of and provide many health benefits, this is a great option for those who have little yard space for an outdoor garden or for those who live in climates with severely cold winters.
Some Tips for Indoor Plants:
There is no need to plant indoor plants as they are already comes in a containers. However, if your plant is getting too big, then you will need to replant it into a larger container. The amount of light required totally depends on the plants you are growing. Succulents and cacti need continuous, daily sunlight. Plants with foliage need roughly 8 hours of light per day. Most indoor plants don't like direct midday sun. So take care of this factor when placing plants in your home.
Some plants that require low light are:
- Philodendron – This is a very common indoor plant that rarely attracts pests. It is a hearty plant that is adaptable to various environments
- Pothos or Devil's Ivy- This is a plant with colorful and vibrant leaves. This plant grows in a variety of environments, can survive in low light or in bright, indirect light.
- Dracaena– This is a popular indoor plant with long green leaves. This is one indoor plant you will want to prune if foliage gets too long.
- Peace Lily- This plant survive in moist soil. But should not be overwatered. If you want flowers to appear on your peace lily plant, move your plant to a darker room.
Quality you should look for indoor plants:
Indoor plants are considered as best when they will tolerate lower light and humidity. Also, they will be less likely to deal with pests and they usually do not grow too much. an indoor plant should not grow at a rapid rate.
- A good root system – This is very important when choosing a plant. It is not practical to pull a plant out of its pot to check its roots but if it is a small plant, this can be done. Healthy roots are thick and light in color.
- Foliage- the foliage is thick enough if you can't see through it.
- Check for disease – white dots, sticky residue on the leaves and a bad odor are ome signs of a plant with pests or disease.
The best indoor plants include the following:
- Aglaonema – It is attractive, survive in low light, and does not grow too quickly.
- Aspidistra – More of water is not required and it will handle low light. Aspidistra is recommended for you if you'd like to take a vacation and don't want to be concerned about your plant.
- Succulents – This require bright light.
Tips to take care for indoor plants:
- Keep potting soil moist- It is important to make sure soil is not too wet nor too dry
- Make sure to have a drainage holes in the bottom of the plant pot
- Plant should be placed near a light source, whether it is natural or artificial
- Exact species of plant should be determined to care for it more accurately
Some of the most common reasons plants die are overwatering or underwatering and Light Levels (either not enough light or too much light)
Enquire for Indoor Plants Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have Indoor Plants suppliers at major parts of India including Bahraich, Lakshmeshwar, Tarbha, Padmanabhapuram, Vrindavan, Karaikal, Dhubri, Ballari, Warisaliganj, Ranaghat, Palampur, Mahe, Panchla, Kharar, Kyathampalle, Yerraguntla, Renukoot, Shahpura, Rath, Rajahmundry, Mahemdabad, Sundarnagar, Nuzvid, Medininagar, Narkatiaganj, Phagwara, Pondicherry, Mahendragarh, Lakhisarai, Bongaigaon City, Hapur, Hugli Chinsurah, Reengus, Vadnagar, Silchar, Pukhrayan, Anjangaon, Kadi, Alirajpur, Ajmer, Medinipur, Pratapgarh, Pithapuram, Jhansi, Baharampur, Goalpara, Yellandu, Pudukkottai, Raghogarh Vijaypur, Maihar and other localities of India as well and Indoor Plants suppliers near you.