Kadha is a traditional Indian drink made with herbs and spices, which acts as a natural immunity booster and is said to be the best remedy against fever and sore throat. It is loaded with antioxidants and is very effective for reducing cough, cold and seasonal flu. As kadha is a natural immunity booster, regular consumption of kadha can help build a stronger and healthy immune system that protect us by creating a barrier that stops antigens from entering the body. Strong immune system can produce antibodies to fight and destroy those foreign substances and thus will be able to protect us from the flu virus or any kind of infection that could happen any time.
A combination of herbs and spices that are boiled in water and make a decoction to prepare a drink is known as kadha. In this process the health benefits of the herb and spices get extracted to the drink. Basically, dry spices and herbs such as clove, turmeric, black pepper, basil leaves, cardamom etc. along with fresh herbs and honey are the ingredient used for preparing kada which generally does not pose any side effects. A kadha can be prepared by many different ways by combining any of these ingredients.
Benefits of Kadha:
- The anti-viral property of kadha is effective against cough, cold and seasonal flu.
- It help sooth the throat and prevents coughing because of its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Kadha help increasing immunity and is a rich source of antioxidants.
The health benefits of each ingredient used in kadha is listed below:
- Mulethi: The immunity boosting and anti-inflammatory properties of mulethi help improves Chronic fatigue syndrome, boosts immunity and digestion, reduces body aches and treats cold and coughs.
- Gooseberry (Amla): Amla is rich in Vitamin C, which help boost your immunity. It is also helpful in lowering blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels.
- Turmeric: The anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties of turmeric help fight against many type of infections, improve brain function and lower the risk of brain and heart diseases.
- Ginger: The anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help improving digestion and cough relief. It is also helpful for relieving nausea, easing cold and flu, reducing muscle pain and soreness.
- Basil Leaves (Tulsi): Tulsi is a wonder herb that helps in treating cold, congestion, cough and flu. It also reduces high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. The immunity boosting properties of tulsi boosts the immunity to fights against infections.
- Black Pepper: The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of black pepper can help improve brain health, blood sugar control and relief in pain. It may also have cancer-fighting properties.
- Cloves: The anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of clove soothes the throat and prevents coughing. It is also helpful in improving liver health, indigestion and controlling blood sugar level.
- Cardamom: The anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and cancer-fighting properties of cardamom help relieve discomfort, nausea and vomiting, lowers the blood sugar and prevents anxious behavior.
- Coriander: The anti-oxidant properties of coriander help to lower the blood sugar levels, improve heart health and fight against infections.
- Honey: The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of honey can help soothing coughs, and improving sleep. It also improve burn and wound healing.
- As the excess use of any ingredient can cause heartburn, nausea and burning sensation in the food pipe, make sure to add these spices in prescribed amount only. It is advisable to talk to your doctor to know what mix of ingredients will make the best kadha for you before start consuming it.
Enquire for Kadha Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have Kadha suppliers at major parts of India including Narkatiaganj, Srirampore, Yadgir, Neyyattinkara, Sundarnagar, Mahendragarh, Robertson Pet, Dispur, Sasvad, Palampur, Karaikal, Bhainsa, Pondicherry, Sirsi, Achalpur, Baharampur, Jhansi, Raghogarh Vijaypur, Kharar, Hapur, Sholingur, Bahraich, Kullu, Medininagar, Hugli Chinsurah, Sohagpur, Shahpura, Sarangpur, Panchla, Pithapuram, Bikaner, Maihar, Ranaghat, Mahemdabad, Mandi, Nahan, Kyathampalle, Ballari, Savarkundla, Rajahmundry, Lakshmeshwar, Medinipur, Sathyamangalam, Cherthala, Udaipurwati, Pudukkottai, Phagwara, Dhubri, Goalpara, Kailasahar and other localities of India as well and Kadha suppliers near you.