LED or light emitting diode lights are alternative to traditional incandescent bulbs for energy saving. As 95 percent of the energy in LEDs is converted into light and only 5 percent is wasted as heat, LED lights are more efficient than traditional lighting such as fluorescent and incandescent lights. LED lights also consume much less power than traditional lighting and hence reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions. A typical 84 watt fluorescent bulb can be replaced by a 36 watt LED to give the same power of light. An electrical current is passed through the diode present inside a LED bulb which is a semiconducting material to generate the light. As this process does not rely on heat to produce light, it has greater energy efficiency than incandescent bulbs.
LEDs have a better quality of light distribution and focus light in one direction that reduces waste of energy. As LED lights contain no toxic elements, using LED bulbs avoid the cost and time implications required for compliant disposal and thus helps to protect the environment from further toxic waste. The longer life span of LED bulbs reduces the requirement for frequent replacements. There is almost no emission of heat or UV rays from LED. These are safer to handle than incandescent bulbs as they are not hot to the touch. In addition, they can help reduce air conditioning costs and doe not fade nearby fabrics and furniture.
Types of LED Lights:
LED lighting comes in many shapes, sizes, colors and temperatures for different types of use.
There are many different types of General Purpose LED Bulbs as well as Decorative LED Bulbs are available. These include:
- Standard LED bulbs are generally used for reading lamps, hallways and other common fixtures such as semi-flush and flush-mount fixtures as they distribute light at a wide area throughout a room.
- Can LED light bulbs, also known as recessed lights, can be fitted into sockets or cans that are mounted in the ceiling.
- Flood LED light bulbs are mainly used in exterior areas as they are able to emit a strong and wide beam of light to illuminate a broad area.
- Globe LED light bulbs are used for bathroom vanities and pendant lights as they can emit light in every direction.
- Candle LED bulbs or chandelier bulbs are decorative LED bulbs that are similar in shape as of a candle flame. They are used in accent lighting, wall sconces and decorative fixtures.
- Track LED light bulbs are another type of decorative LED bulbs that are used for work area task lighting, directional lighting or to highlight something specific such as artwork and other decorative features.
- Edison LED light bulbs also known as vintage bulbs are used for decorative fixtures like pendant lights and industrial chandeliers to enhance the aesthetics and ambience.
- Tube LED lights, also known as linear light bulbs are used for for more professional applications like office buildings, kitchens and workspaces.
- LED Christmas string lights reduces energy consumption and also have reduced risk of a fire hazard because LED lights emit only small amounts of heat.
- Smart LED bulbs can be connected to a Wi-Fi network to allow remote control of the lights where you have the features such as dimming and color temperature tuning.
- LED Bulb Based on color Temperature can be soft white, bright white and daylight. Soft white LED bulbs generate a warm, comfortable light which is ideal for cozy spaces like bedrooms and living rooms, where as bright white LED bulbs provide a cool and refreshing light that is suitable for kitchens, bathrooms or garages As daylight LED bulbs emit light to imitate energizing daylight, they can be used for reading or intricate projects.
Enquire for LED Lights Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have LED Lights suppliers at major parts of India including Warisaliganj, Faridkot, Bongaigaon City, Rajahmundry, Pudukkottai, Nahan, Sangareddy, Sasvad, Makhdumpur, Nagercoil, Renukoot, Reengus, Kailasahar, Baharampur, Yellandu, Rayagada, Medininagar, Bikaner, Gokak, Pondicherry, Mariani, Longowal, Bhiwandi, Savarkundla, Sirsi, Yadgir, Silchar, Bhawanipatna, Sathyamangalam, Shahpura, Kadi, Sholingur, Phagwara, Udaipurwati, Sarangpur, Karaikal, Medinipur, Samalkha, Srirampore, Lakhisarai, Bhainsa, Sattur, Mandi, Ajmer, Dispur, Sundarnagar, Padmanabhapuram, Narkatiaganj, Nimbahera, Palampur and other localities of India as well and LED Lights suppliers near you.