Live Streaming Software:
Live streaming software actually refer to a software encoding program that need an encoder to convert video input into a digital format for playback on various devices. However, software encoders perform various functions other than simply converting the video and sending a live stream to a platform
Software encoders are available from the simple, free ones to more robust encoders. The simple and free ones stream your video signal where as more robust encoders assist with production work. These more complex types of encoding software can be used for live streaming as they act as a broadcast environment. These software not only send your stream to a platform for streaming, but also help you customize your broadcast. This can be done by using multiple cameras and switch between them, adding graphics on the fly and tie multiple audio sources together.
The cost of live streaming software vary according to their functionality. The continuous transmission of audio or video files from a server to a client is called as streaming. The media file being played on the client device is stored remotely, and is transmitted a few seconds at a time over the Internet by streaming.
Advantages of Live Streaming:
The advantages of live streaming include:
- Clear sound and picture because of high quality of the video and audio. A live streaming service with a robust infrastructure and a good CDN (content delivery network) is required to get high-quality video.
- Instant viewing is possible because of immediate access to the movie.
- No need to worry about the download time. Only a stable internet connection is required to watch any show.
- No need to worry about running out of disk space or memory space as download is not required. This can help enhance the performances of your computer as downloading huge videos to your computer may take up more spaces on your computer.
- Instant playback is possible.
- There are unlimited options available to watch as long as you have paid your subscription.
- Usually, physical events are limited to the space available at a given venue. You can invite as many people as you like to attend your event with live streaming.
- Live streaming your event can make your content accessible to these people who are interested in attending a particular event, but they won't able to attend in person due to work commitments or increasing expenses.
- Anyone in the world can be reached remotely through live streaming.
- You can see relevant metrics like viewer numbers, engagement, and behaviors with many video live streaming services that help you to identify more clearly who your real customers are and which aspects of your broadcast you may need to change for future events. This in turn will help you in improving your overall content and strategy.
- Live streaming does not have unwanted ads in between the videos. It also comes equipped with control buttons that allow customizing your content to your liking.
Disadvantages of Live Streaming:
The disadvantages of live streaming include:
- As the videos are only available online, the option limits access to the videos to people who do not have an online access.
- It requires a stable internet connection with high speed. You should have a minimum of 2MBPS of internet connection for HD experience, else, you will experience buffering and slow loading webpages.
- There is a risk involve in security as there is chance of losing your financial and personal details when buying a subscription from untrusted platforms. However, your security is ensured by some reputable sites.
- Streaming performance can be impacted if the device streaming the video has a lot of other processes running.
- Restarting the LAN router, or switching to Ethernet instead of WiFi, can help improve streaming performance.