Marble is generated when a a rock containing calcium carbonate is exposed to a natural recrystallization process. Because of high temperatures and pressures, new minerals, textures, and structures are developed in a rock transforming it to different types of marble.
Marble comes in different patterns, colors and types making it an ideal choice for any type of decorative material both in interior and exterior of a house. There are different types of marble available depending on its pattern, color, location, impurities and veining intensity. The price of each marble type also varies significantly because of these factors.
Types of Marble:
Depending on the color, marble is categorized in to many category as White, Grey and Black, Red, Cream etc. which are again classified based on the type of grain, uniformity of its base and thickness, as well as drawing of its veins.
Types of white marble:
There are many types of white marble that have unique characteristic for each one of them. These include:
- Calacatta: Calcutta marble is considered as the most popular marble which is basically from Italy. Calcutta marble consist of a dark and thick veining pattern and is of bright white color. The veining pattern has broken white and very fine light grey veins that are punctually dotted with tiny amber and golden notes.
- Calcutta Gold Marble: Calacatta Gold is a white calcite marble with golden veining. It is a subcategory of the Calcutta marble which has a sublime off white base with golden and grey streaks of different thicknesses outlined.
- Carrara White Marble: Carrara White is one of the most famous marbles in the world having a white base which is composed of fine, shiny particles. The veins are grey in color and are distributed as capillaries over the surface.
- Statuarietto Marble: Statuarietto is a compact white, medium fine grain marble with a bluish grey vein. There is a mix shades of pale grey and alborea indigo in its white base.
- Arabescato Breccia Marble: Arabescato Breccia is a white calcitic marble containing a contrasts between the white background and the grey and brown veins.
- Bianco Lasa Marble: Bianco Lasa is a white calcite marble having a white crystalline base and distinctly linear bluish grey veins. One or two prominent thick black vein are scattered among the whites and greys combination.
- Lilac Marble: Lilac is a white calcite marble having a slightly greyish white base. The veins has a combine tones ranging from black to violet.
- Thassos White Marbel: Thassos White is one of the whitest marbles found world wide. It is a white dolomite marble with a crystalline base.
Types of Grey marble:
The grey marble include neutral tones that are mostly used in places that requires calm and serenity. The types of grey marble include:
- Pietra Grey Marble: Pietra Grey is a grey calcite marble which has a uniform and compact appearance. coals and graphite suffled in a pattern that alternates thin white streaks with slate colored linear glazes which are barely noticeable.
- Pacific Grey Marble: Pacific Grey has a gentle grey background with thin white veins.
- Picasso Grey Marble: Picasso Grey is a unique white greyish calcite marble having a pearly background mixed with a large number of grey veins. It also has mole and amber of different thicknesses connected with each other.
Types of Black Marble:
There are different type of black marbles available depending up on the intensities of black and veins of different colors. These include:
- Marquina Black Marble: Marquina Black is a black calcite marble having an intense black colored base contrasting with white veins.
- Portoro Marble: Portoro is a black crystalline marble which is the most expensive black marble available in market. The base has an intense jet color containing a large number of dynamic golden veins and white effervescences.
Enquire for Marbles Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have Marbles suppliers at major parts of India including Srirampore, Sarangpur, Ajmer, Sundarnagar, Sholingur, Lakhisarai, Sagwara, Mariani, Rajahmundry, Bongaigaon City, Sohagpur, Medinipur, Lakshmeshwar, Vadnagar, Bhiwandi, Raghogarh Vijaypur, Dispur, Sasvad, Morshi, Tohana, Bikaner, Anjangaon, Sirsi, Goalpara, Warisaliganj, Neyyattinkara, Panchla, Ballari, Tiruvethipuram, Kyathampalle, Robertson Pet, Baharampur, Phagwara, Adityapur, Pratapgarh, Nuzvid, Padmanabhapuram, Pukhrayan, Mandi, Achalpur, Manwath, O' Valley, Kullu, Yadgir, Khair, Nagercoil, Jhansi, Pondicherry, Mahe, Rayagada and other localities of India as well and Marbles suppliers near you.