Multivitamin Supplements, also referred to as multis, multiples, or simply vitamins contain many different vitamins and minerals.
Some facts about Multivitamin Supplements:
- The nutrient composition of Multivitamin Supplements varies by brand and product.
- Multivitamin Supplements are available in many forms, including tablets, capsules, chewable gummies, powders, and liquids.
- The recommended dosage for a Multivitamin Supplement is once or twice per day.
- Our risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer and other health conditions increases if we are missing some of the essential nutrients that we get from our food. So, a multivitamin supplement is necessary to ensure that you are getting the vitamins and minerals required for your body.
- Multivitamin Supplements can make up for the shortfalls that happen when you don't get enough of nutrients through food.
- The risk of poor absorption of one or several nutrients can be increased by malabsorption conditions such as diseases like celiac, ulcerative colitis, or cystic fibrosis; illnesses causing excess vomiting or diarrhea; alcoholism and surgeries that remove parts of digestive organs.
- Multivitamin Supplements contain one or more of thirteen vitamins and about fifteen minerals that are essential to your health.
- Many of these help produce enzymes and hormones, boost your immunity, and keep your nerves and organs functioning properly.
- These are also essential for reproduction, maintenance, growth, and the regulation of bodily processes.
- Multivitamin supplements may contain herbs, amino acids, and fatty acids along with essential vitamins and minerals. The amount and number of nutrients can vary and some supplements may contain ingredients that can interact with medications.
- You should consult with your healthcare provider before starting a new supplement.
- The nutrients present in a multivitamin supplement may be derived from real foods or made synthetically.
Benefits of Multivitamin Supplements:
- Multivitamin Supplements can help prevent heart disease. A multivitamin containing vitamins B1, B2, B6, K1, Niacin (B3), CoQ10 and magnesium, can help maintain cardiovascular health.
- Multivitamin Supplements can be used to a reduced risk of cancer.
- It can help promote brain function and eye health. It can be used to improve memory in older adults and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Taking antioxidant vitamins and minerals may slow the progression and help prevent age-related macular degeneration which is one of the leading causes of blindness across the world. A combination of vitamins, lutein, and zeaxanthin will work best for it.
- Vitamins A, C, E, Niacin (B3) and selenium can be taken to support eye health. The eyes can be prrotected from harmful light waves with the help of Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
- Your risk of developing cataracts, another widespread eye disease can also be reduced by taking antioxidant vitamins and minerals.
- Our nutritional needs increase as we grow older and at the same time, it becomes harder for the body to absorb nutrients. Further, medications can deplete our body of nutrients. Therefore, a multivitamin supplement can help offset these deficiencies.
- Vitamins C, D and E help boost immunity and can also help reduce allergy symptoms. Vitamin C can be taken for strengthening the immune system as it is a strong antioxidant.
- Vitamins B3 (Niacin), biotin, and Vitamin C can help for healthy hair.
- Vitamins A, C, E, and CoQ10 can be used for healthy skin.
- Folic acid can be taken by women before and during early pregnancy to prevents neural tube defects in babies
- Adequate folate can help lower the risk of having a baby with spina bifida or anencephaly
- Taking a supplement with Vitamin B family, can help boost in energy levels, feelings of well being, as well as a decrease in stress and anxiety.
- People who have undergone weight loss surgery, who are on low calorie diets, or those who don't get enough nutrients from food alone can get benefit from multivitamin supplements.
- Multivitamin supplements that are used to enhanced performance or energy, weight control, improved immune function, or management of menopause symptoms, include vitamins and minerals in combination with herbal and specialty ingredients, such as sterols, coenzyme Q10, probiotics, and glucosamine.
Doses of Multivitamin Supplements:
- Although high doses of some vitamins and minerals are acceptable for some people, it can be harmful.
- Different amounts of the same vitamins and minerals are formulated for children, adults, men, women, pregnant women, and seniors based on the specific needs of these populations.
- Some of the nutrients in a Multivitamin Supplement might be present at levels substantially above the DV, RDA and AI. It may also be above the UL in some cases.
- The appropriate dosage can depend on the solubility of a vitamin, which is categorized into water-soluble and fat-soluble.
- Excess amounts of water-soluble vitamins can be flushed out from your body through your urine. But excess amounts of fat-soluble may get accumulate in your liver as your body has no easy way to get rid of these.
- Pregnant women should be careful with their intake of vitamin A, as excessive intakes can lead to congenital disabilities.
- Vitamin A toxicity is more common.
- There is a possibility of exceeding the recommended daily intake of many nutrients if you take multivitamins and eat many nutrient-dense foods.
- Multivitamins with large amounts of beta carotene or vitamin A should be avoided by smokers, as these nutrients may increase your risk of lung cancer.
- High doses of iron can lead to stomach upset, constipation, vomiting, and fainting. Iron can also limit the ability of your body to absorb zinc.
- Consumption of iron should be avoided by individuals who have hemochromatosis as it can lead to a buildup of toxic levels of the mineral and may cause liver cirrhosis, liver cancer, and heart disease.
- Older adults may need more calcium and vitamin D as the absorption of vitamin B12 can decrease with age.
- People following plant based diets are at a higher risk of deficiency of vitamin B12 as it is found primarily in animal foods.They may also have deficiency of calcium, zinc, iron, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Use Getatoz to find the best Multivitamin Supplements suppliers for your need. We've helped thousands of businesses choose the right Multivitamin Supplements suppliers, stockists, distributors, super stockists & sub stockists.
Use Getatoz to find Multivitamin Supplements buyer & importers from India & abroad.
Multivitamin Supplements Suppliers Across World
Browse Multivitamin Supplements suppliers across the globe including Norfolk Island, New Caledonia, Comoros, Benin, Honduras, Mali, Tuvalu, South Africa, East Timor, Sudan, South Korea, Egypt, Solomon Islands, Syria, Pakistan, Grenada, Turkey, Aruba, Antarctica, Singapore, Chile, Chad, Ghana, Scotland, Venezuela, Mozambique, Saint Helena, Kiribati, Vietnam, Nepal, Tajikistan, Ireland, Netherlands, Namibia, Burundi, Seychelles, Guyana, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Trinidad and Tobago, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wales, Peru, Rwanda, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Montserrat, Cook Islands, Liechtenstein, Bhutan, Guinea-Bissau and other localities of World as well..
How can Getatoz help in getting the best Multivitamin Supplements Wholesalers near you?
You can browse Multivitamin Supplements Wholesalers on the basis of your location. Submit your requirement and suppliers will contact you with their best price offers for Multivitamin Supplements. Getatoz have some of the Best Multivitamin Supplements Suppliers of 2021