Online Doctor Consultation Services:
Online doctor consultation services are rapidly gaining popularity now a days as many health insurers offer telemedicine services to cut costs. Common problems like flu, acne, sinus, deer tick bites, urinary tract infections and many more can be effectively treated by virtual care.
The cost of online doctor consultation services is approximately the same as a traditional doctor consultation. But it can also be inexpensive in some cases.
Because of the growth of the internet and prevalence of devices like smartphones and tablets, healthcare industy has now started providing online access to the consultation of physicians. This change can have both positive and negative effects for patients. Better communication with medical providers, translating to better access to doctors, greater personalization of care to meet the needs of an individual and less expense are some of the positive aspect. However, every healthcare problem can not be solved by a virtual doctor. For instance, you can not have wounds stitched, undergo any kind of surgery, receive vaccinations or undergo tests that require specialized equipment through a video chat or a messaging service.
Face to face treatment can never be fully replaced by online medical care for all conditions. Every individual online doctor consultation and medical service has its own advantages and disadvantages.
How do you choose the best online doctor?
While choosing a online doctor consultation services, check on the below points.
- Choose the service that provide access to care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even on holidays.
- That is offering transparent pricing. By this benefit you are empowered to take charge of your healthcare spending. Mostly, online medical services take security and privacy seriously to keep medical and payment information of a patients safe.
Advantages of Online Doctor Consultation Services:
- Prescriptions can be prescribed from comfort of your home
- Your medical records are complete and up to date without any work from your side.
- You can have unlimited texts, phone calls and virtual visits through video chats
- Other doctors are there to help you with urgent issues incase your regular doctor is unavailable.
- You can see or talk to your doctor as often as you need.
- You can get same-day appointments and responses to text messages in just minutes
- You can schedule a time with your doctor for live, real-time communication in the form of chats, phone calls and video sessions.
- You can get answers from a real doctor fast as a whole team of doctors rather than a single physician are involved in the process.
- There are no limits on the amount of times you can message your doctor team
Disadvantages of Online Doctor Consultation Services:
- It may be more expensive for patients who do not seek medical care often.
- Some service might be disappointing to patients who prefer to talk to a doctor through a video chat.
- Although you share messages with the same team of doctors, you are not speaking to the same doctor every time
- Most insurance plans do not cover online doctor counseling services. So, you will have to pay from your pocket for therapy through this online healthcare service.
- Some patients just prefer traditional face to face counseling for the opportunity for both the therapist and the patient to pick up on nonverbal cues in conversations or otherwise feel more comfortable seeing a counselor in person.
- Some of these services are available only for iPhones. So a android user can only chat with a doctor through the website.