PVC Pipe is a white plastic pipe commonly used for plumbing and drainage. PVC or polyvinyl chloride, has become a common replacement for metal piping. The strength, durability, easy installation, and low cost of PVC have made it one of the most widely used plastics in the world. Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride pipes or CPVC are made from PVC in which extra chlorine is added to the material. It carries all of the benefits of PVC with added durability. CPVC is safe for drinking water as it will not degrade with hot water exposure. So these are best for plumbing.
Types of PVC Pipes:
There are two common types of PVC pipe.
- Schedule 40 PVC
- Schedule 80 PVC.
Usually, Schedule 40 PVC is white in color and schedule 80 is of dark gray. Schedule 80 can also be found in other colors. Schedule 80 pipe has a thicker wall. This means the pipe is thicker and stronger, and as a result it can handle higher pressures.
Schedule 80 pipe is suitable for jobs that require a higher pressurization. Most often these are used in heavy duty commercial and industrial applications.
Most PVC pipe and fittings have a maximum pressure rating listed so you know what it can handle. Typically this is listed in pounds per square inch or PSI.
The amount of pressure a pipe is rated for varies based on size. For instance, a 4inch schedule 80 PVC pipe is rated at 320 PSI while a schedule 40 PVC pipe of the same size is only rated at 220 PSI. Schedule 80 PVC may be a good choice to run a high pressure or industrial pipe line. Else, schedule 40 PVC is more than enough for many pressurized and non-pressurized jobs. Schedule 40 PVC is also relatively inexpensive which makes it great for non-plumbing applications like a PVC pool chair or science project.
Plastic pipe such as PVC can be used for cold water only, and CPVC can be used for both hot and cold water. These are approved for use with drinking water. PVC pipe is a high demand construction material because of its low cost and durability. PVC pipe can be used for any water, drain, or ventilation application. However, PVC can become brittle and crack when placed in a few scenarios for prolonged periods of time.
- Portions of the outer shell of CPVC and PVC pipes can be degraded slightly by UV light radiation, but not significantly. Once pipes are removed from the direct exposure, the ultraviolet rays no longer affect them. Long-term sunlight exposure can decrease the CPVC and PVC's impact strength and resistance.
- Because of its high chlorine content, PVC can create toxic pollution in the form of dioxins, which accumulate in animals' fat up through the food chain. Exposure to PVC can include exposure to phthalates, which may have serious health effects.
- PVC contains many dangerous chemical additives including lead, cadmium, phthalates and/or organotins, which can be toxic to your child's health. These toxic additives can leach out or evaporate into the air over time, posing unnecessary dangers to children.
- The PVC lifecycle that is its production, use, and disposal, results in the release of toxic, chlorine-based chemicals. These toxins are building up in the air, water and food chain which results in severe health problems, including cancer, immune system damage, and hormone disruption.
- Ductile iron, copper, high density polyethylene (HDPE), cross liked polyethylene (PEX), concrete, and steel are some of the good substitute for PVC.
Enquire for PVC Pipes Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have PVC Pipes suppliers at major parts of India including Neyyattinkara, Yadgir, Mahe, Bahraich, Raghogarh Vijaypur, Pukhrayan, Medinipur, Panchla, Hugli Chinsurah, Bhawanipatna, Rath, Adityapur, Robertson Pet, Shahpura, Tohana, Pudukkottai, Nagercoil, Ajmer, Pithapuram, Nahan, Alirajpur, Silchar, Rajnandgaon, Phagwara, Maihar, Ranaghat, Vrindavan, Mariani, Achalpur, Rajahmundry, Hapur, Shahpura, Baharampur, Rayagada, Kyathampalle, Ballari, Anjangaon, Narkatiaganj, Bongaigaon City, Mahemdabad, Sathyamangalam, Lakhisarai, Baleshwar Town, Vadnagar, Bhiwandi, Pondicherry, Palampur, Udaipurwati, Renukoot, Mandi and other localities of India as well and PVC Pipes suppliers near you.
Use Getatoz to find the best PVC Pipes suppliers for your need. We've helped thousands of businesses choose the right PVC Pipes suppliers, stockists, distributors, super stockists & sub stockists.
Use Getatoz to find PVC Pipes buyer & importers from India & abroad.
PVC Pipes Suppliers Across World
Browse PVC Pipes suppliers across the globe including The Democratic Republic of Congo, Mongolia, Slovakia, Lebanon, Czech Republic, Gabon, Mauritius, North Korea, Gibraltar, United States, Niue, Denmark, Djibouti, Algeria, Montserrat, Wallis and Futuna, Mauritania, Tonga, Congo, Guinea, Bhutan, Timor-Leste, South Korea, Monaco, Syria, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Colombia, China, Barbados, Uruguay, Honduras, British Indian Ocean Territory, Guernsey, Costa Rica, Malta, Antigua and Barbuda, Palau, Samoa, Tuvalu, Papua New Guinea, Bermuda, England, Ukraine, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Austria, Hong Kong, Bahamas, Madagascar, Italy and other localities of World as well..
How can Getatoz help in getting the best PVC Pipes Wholesalers near you?
You can browse PVC Pipes Wholesalers on the basis of your location. Submit your requirement and suppliers will contact you with their best price offers for PVC Pipes. Getatoz have some of the Best PVC Pipes Suppliers of 2021