Rotavator also known as a rotary tillers is a tractor drawn implement which is mainly used for seed bed preparation. It can also helpful in removing & mixing residual of maize, wheat, sugarcane etc.which in turn helps improving soil health. It can save fuel, cost, time & energy as well. It has a number of rotary tines or knives mounted as a horizontal shaft that cuts and pulverizes the soil. The knives or tines are mounted on a power driven shaft having a speed of 200 to 300 rpm to cut the soil and trash. Usually, L-shaped blades that are very sharp at their edges are used on the rotor. These tractors are suitable for shallow cultivation and weed control.
Types of Rotavator:
Rotavators are classified as engine operated and tractor drawn rotavators based on the power used by them. The engine operated acts as an integral part of the power tiller whereas the tractor drawn rotavator is a separate equipment that is mounted on the tractor hydraulic system which is powered by the tractor PTO shaft. The number of operation to be performed by these rotavators depends upon soil and crop conditions. Usually one or two operations of these rotavator are sufficient for good pulverization of soil. However, it doesn't work for sandy soil. A chain or gear is used to transmit the power from the engine to rotor shaft. A clutch is provided in the transmission system to control the power.
For a prime mover of 1500 rpm, the speed of the rotor is kept at about 350 rpm and the depth of penetration can be adjusted up to 12.5 cm. A protective cover is provided at the rear to prevent under a scattering of soil which can cover about 1.5 to 2.0 ha/day. Engine operated rotary tiller is very useful for preparation of seedbed. These are particularly useful in the rice and wheat rotation. Power tiller operated rotary tillers are useful for hilly areas and small hand holdings.
Types of blade used in rotavator:
- L-shaped blade: L-shaped blade are the most common type of balde used on the rotor. These have better ability to kill weeds and causes less soil pulverisation.
- C-shapes blade: C-shapes blade are more curved than L-shaped blades and hence are useful for penetrating hard ground. Because they have less tendencies to clog, these type of blades are recommended for heavy and wet soils.
- Speed blade: As speed blade have less tendencies to clog in wet condition, these type of blades are suitable for penetrating the hard ground and for mixing heavy thrash.
- Long shank blade: Long shank blade have longer shank than the L-shaped blade and hence can be used for deeper cultivation
- Straight knife blade: Straight knife blade is commonly used in lawns, parks and golf courses to aerate and loosen grass, eliminate soil compaction and improve moisture penetration.
Application of Rotavator:
There are various application of rotavator in the field that include:
- Chopping and mixing of thrash that adds valuable humus to the land as the thrash is mixed evenly throughout the soil.
- Tilling and planting operation. The blades on the rotor shaft can be rearranged and can be used for strip tillage in the seedbed.
- Fertilizer and chemicals may be incorporated by stirring and mixing action of the rotavator.
- Most of the rotavator can be used for row crop cultivation by rearranging the blade flanges on the rotor shaft.
- Rotavators are used in orchard tilling as it is easy to control operating depth to prevent damage to trees or vine roots.
- The rotating blades of rotavator help push the tractor forward and reduce wheel slippage making it ideal to work in wet rice fields. Heavy rice straw can be chopped and mixed with the soil which also improve fertility and soil structure.
- Used for weed control by operating the rotavator with a fast rotor speed and the shield raised.
- Pasture renovation can be possible with the help of a rotary tiller that include leveling of the surface and preparation of seedbed; breaking up and killing the sod; mixing residues in the soil; incorporation of fertilizers and herbicides.
Enquire for Rotavator Suppliers Anywhere In India
Getatoz have Rotavator suppliers at major parts of India including Vrindavan, Neyyattinkara, Baleshwar Town, Jhansi, Rayagada, Kyathampalle, Kullu, Pithapuram, Narkatiaganj, Mariani, Srirampore, Mahemdabad, Nimbahera, Hapur, Sira, Sangareddy, Longowal, O' Valley, Bhainsa, Alirajpur, Pasan, Mandi, Sirsi, Sagwara, Samalkha, Medininagar, Vadnagar, Sholingur, Dispur, Bongaigaon City, Shahpura, Bhawanipatna, Rath, Reengus, Yellandu, Ajmer, Pratapgarh, Medinipur, Renukoot, Padmanabhapuram, Ballari, Mahendragarh, Mahe, Hugli Chinsurah, Karaikal, Silchar, Nahan, Palampur, Morshi, Warisaliganj and other localities of India as well and Rotavator suppliers near you.