Browse Women Lehengas wholesalers, exporters, manufacturers, dealers & suppliers.
Women lehenga is essentially a three piece attire with a long floor-length skirt secured at the waist, a choli, and a dupatta or chunni which usually accentuate the waist. The women lehenga was very popular in North India in the tenth century and this garment found a permanent place in the heritage of the nation with the arrival of the Mughals.
Earlier the lehenga for women was made of cotton. But as time passed, it rose to being royal attire, made of expensive or rare fabrics. The women lehenga can be designed for special occasions. Many varieties of semi-stitched as well as ready to wear pieces of Lehenga Choli are available in the market that comes with halter, U, round, square boat neck, mandarin collar and many more designer blouse. Some of them come with two pieces with or without a dupatta or overcoat. With Lehenga Sari, you can combine the elegance of a saree with the flare of a lehenga. This contemporary design that is easy to carry off
Types of Women Lehengas:
The type depends on the work done on the lehengas. This include:
Zari is a kind of embroidery in which gold or silver threads are woven in with the fabric to create various floral or geometric patterns. An overall effect on the outfit can be created by the shine of the woven threads. Other kinds of embroidery can be combined along with zari work for a women lehenga when heavier pieces are designed.
Small pieces of a cut mirror are used as embroidery on a women lehenga in this type of work. As it uses light, it can catch the eye of the viewer when the wearer moves around. Especially, it works great at evening or night time events where you want a more glamorous look.
Lucknow and Uttar Pradesh are the origin of this kind of thread work. Thin metallic threads are twisted in order to create motifs all over the lehenga. As highlights in heavy ensembles, it is usually used to complement chikankari work. This versatile embroidery can also be found on women's kurtas for regular wear.
Tips for Choosing Women Lehengas:
- Women lehenga comes in different cut and designs. It could be wide borders or mermaid cuts or full-flared or tiered ones. Choosing the right cut of the lehenga is important to give you the desired look.
- The type of fabric is plays a key role while choosing a perfect lehenga for you. Georgettes, light satins and crepes which are much more flattering when you want to get the slimmer look, where as raw silk, organza and net can make you look more bulky.
- Choose net or a see-through fabric for the sleeves and go for an elbow length sleeve blouse to look slimer.
- Make sure the drapes of dupatta fall diagonally on the body with smaller pleats to make you look taller and slimmer. Drapping a dupatta in the saree pallu style is the most attractive way.
- A high waisted lehenga sits at the narrowest part of the waist and can make you look taller and slimmer.