Andrographis commonly known as creat or green chiretta is a plant that is native to South Asian countries such as India and Sri Lanka.
Andrographis commonly known as creat or green chiretta is a plant that is native to South Asian countries such as India and Sri Lanka and is widely cultivated in Southern and Southeastern Asia.
Some facts about Andrographis:
- The leaves and roots of Andrographis can be used for the treatment of bacterial infections and some diseases.
- Andrographis can be used for preventing and treating the common cold and flu.
- Digestive related issues including diarrhea, constipation, intestinal gas, colic and stomach pain can be treated by using Andrographis.
- Andrographis can also be used for treating liver conditions including an enlarged liver, jaundice and liver damage due to medications as well as for infections including leprosy, pneumonia, tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, malaria, cholera, leptospirosis, rabies, sinusitis and HIV/AIDS.
- Andrographis can help treat skin conditions such as wounds, ulcers and itchiness.
- Andrographis can beused for treating sore throat, coughs, swollen tonsils, bronchitis and allergies.
- Hardening of the arteries also known as atherosclerosis as well as heart disease and diabetes can be prevented by using andrographis.
- Treatment of snake and insect bites, loss of appetite, kidney problems such as pyelonephritis, hemorrhoids and familial Mediterranean fever which is an inherited condition can be done by using andrographis.
- Andrographis can also be used as a bacteria killing agent, painkiller, astringent, for reducing fever and treatment for worms.
- Andrographis can improve the blood cell counts in people with HIV and help with allergies by stimulating the immune system.
- It is promoted as a dietary supplement for cancer prevention and cure. However, here is no evidence that it helps prevent or cure cancer.
Uses & Effectiveness of Andrographis:
- The symptoms of the common cold when started within 72 hours of feeling sick can be improved by taking specific andrographis extract in combination with Siberian ginseng by mouth. It usually takes 4 to 5 days of treatment for most symptoms to go away.
- Andrographis extract can help treat and prevent cold.
- The fever and sore throat due to tonsillitis can be reduced by taking 6 grams of andrographis daily.
- The symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease can be reduced by taking andrographis extract daily for 8 weeks.
- The length, number and severity of attacks of familial Mediterranean fever can be reduced in children by taking a combination of andrographis, Siberian ginseng, schisandra and licorice.
- Asian flu can be prevented and Influenza can be treated by taking Andrographis extract in combination with Siberian ginseng. The complications such as sinus pain as well as breathing problems and coughing after the flu can also be reduced.
- The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis can be reduced by taking andrographis for 14 weeks.
- Allergies, sinus infections,HIV/AIDS, anorexia, heart disease, liver problems, parasites, infections, skin diseases, ulcers and some other conditions can be treated by using ndrographis.
Side Effects of Andrographis:
- Andrographis is likely safe when taken in appropriate dose for short term by mouth.
- A specific combination product containing andrographis extract and Siberian ginseng when taken is safe for up to 3 months.
- Loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, headache, runny nose and fatigue are some of the common side effects of andrographis.
- Andrographis might cause swollen lymph glands, serious allergic reactions, elevations of liver enzymes and other side effect when used in high doses or long term.
Precautions & Warnings of Andrographis:
- Andrographis is possibly safe when taken by mouth for short term in children. Andrographis can be used safely in combination with other herbs for up to one month.
- Andrographis is possibly unsafe during pregnancy when taken by mouth as it might cause miscarriages.
- Avoid using andrographis if you are pregnant or breast feeding to be on the safe side as not enough is known about about the safety of andrographis during breast feeding.
- It is better not to use andrographis if you are having trouble fathering a child or getting pregnant as it might interfere with reproduction.
- Avoid using andrographis if you have auto-immune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or other conditions as it cause the immune system to become more active, and could increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases.
- The risk of bleeding or bruising in people with bleeding disorders might increase as andrographis might slow blood clotting.
- Andrographis might lower blood pressure if taken by people who already have low blood pressure.
Interactions of Andrographis:
- Avoid taking andrographis along with medications for high blood pressure such as captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix) and many others, as it might cause your blood pressure to go too low.
- Andrographis might decrease the effectiveness of medications that decrease the immune system by increasing the immune system.
- Avoid taking andrographis along with Immunosuppressants including azathioprine (Imuran), basiliximab (Simulect), cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune), daclizumab (Zenapax), muromonab-CD3 (OKT3, Orthoclone OKT3), mycophenolate (CellCept), tacrolimus (FK506, Prograf), sirolimus (Rapamune), prednisone (Deltasone, Orasone), corticosteroids (glucocorticoids), and others.
- The chances of bruising and bleeding can be increased by taking andrographis along with medications that also slow clotting. This include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others. So, avoid taking andrographis along with these medications.
Dosing of Andrographis:
- A combination of a specific andrographis extract containing 4 to5.6 mg andrographolide in addition with 400 mg Siberian ginseng can be taken three times daily for treating the common cold.
- 3 to 6 grams of andrographis can be taken daily for relieving fever and sore throat in tonsillitis.
Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining proper bone structure.
The best way to get enough of omega-3 is to include foods that are rich in omega-3 in your diet, like fatty fish,walnut etc.
Meal replacement shakes are prepared to provide the nutrition of a full meal, just like protein shakes
The liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained is known as whey.
Vitamin D is required for the regulation of the minerals calcium and phosphorus in the body.
Vitamin A is likely safe for most people when taken by mouth or given as a shot into the muscle in amounts less than 10,000 IU daily.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in many foods.
An energy drink is a type of drink that contains sugar and stimulant compounds, usually caffeine.
Suppliers Across World
Browse suppliers across the globe including North Korea, Belize, Latvia, Tonga, Burundi, Isle of Man, Andorra, Mauritius, Faroe Islands, French Guiana, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Albania, Sierra Leone, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Mauritania, Estonia, Samoa, Philippines, Reunion, Ethiopia, Bahrain, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Belgium, Portugal, Guatemala, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Lucia, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Nigeria, East Timor, Turkey, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Romania, Hungary, Namibia, Gibraltar, British Indian Ocean Territory, Falkland Islands, Japan, South Africa, Saint Helena, French Southern territories, Montenegro, Costa Rica, Spain, Eritrea, Tuvalu and other localities of World as well..