Angelica is a plant whose root, seed and fruit are used to make medicine.
Updated: October 11, 2021
Angelica is a plant whose root, seed and fruit are used to make medicine for heartburn, intestinal gas, loss of appetite, arthritis, circulation problems and many more.
Some facts about Angelica:
- Respiratory catarrh, nervousness, plague and insomnia can be treated by using Angelica.
- Angelica is used by women for abortion and to start their menstrual periods.
- The production of urine can be increased, sex drive can be improved, the production and secretion of phlegm can be stimulated and germs can be killed by Angelica.
- Angelica can be applied directly to the skin for nerve pain (neuralgia), joint pain (rheumatism), and skin disorders.
- Angelica is also used for treating premature ejaculation in combination with other herbs.
- The root of angelica can be helpful in premature ejaculation by increasing the threshold of vibrations and senses received by the penis.
- The taste of Angelica is strongest in the roots and stems.
- It is available in capsules, liquid extract and powder form.
Uses & Effectiveness of Angelica:
- A combination of angelica with peppermint leaf, clown's mustard plant, German chamomile, caraway, licorice, milk thistle, celandine and lemon balm can improve the symptoms of upset stomach including acid reflux, stomach pain, cramping, nausea, and vomiting.
- It is helpful for premature ejaculation when applied directly to the skin of the penis in combination with other medicines
- Applying Angelica dahurica to a pressure ulcer or bed sores can help it to heal faster.
- More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of angelica for anxiety, dementia, fluid retention, fever, menstrual disorders, pain, nerve pain, stroke, intestinal cramps and gas and increasing urine production.
Side Effects of Angelica:
- Angelica is likely safe when taken in food amounts by mouth.
- There is not enough information if angelica is safe when taken by mouth as a medicine.
- Angelica is possibly safe when applied to the skin as a cream for short term in most adults.
- Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned when you take angelica as it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Precautions & Warnings of Angelica:
- Angelica may not be safe when taken by mouth during pregnancy as it can cause uterine contractions which could threaten the pregnancy.
- The muscles of the uterus in pregnant women may get affected and is possibly be harmful to the fetus.
- Avoid using Angelica during breast feeding to stay on safe side as there is not enough is known about the safety of using Angelica during breast feeding.
Dosing of Angelica:
- A combination of product containing angelica and several other herbs can be used in a dose of one mL three times daily for stomach upset.
- 4.5 grams of powder by mouth daily or 520 to 1560 mg by mouth three times daily with meals can be taken for menopausal symptoms
The best way to get enough of omega-3 is to include foods that are rich in omega-3 in your diet, like fatty fish,walnut etc.
Vitamin K is actually a group of compounds and the name vitamin K comes from the German word 'Koagulationsvitamin.'
Meal replacement shakes are prepared to provide the nutrition of a full meal, just like protein shakes
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in many foods.
Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining proper bone structure.
Vitamin A is likely safe for most people when taken by mouth or given as a shot into the muscle in amounts less than 10,000 IU daily.
Vitamin D is required for the regulation of the minerals calcium and phosphorus in the body.
The liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained is known as whey.
Suppliers Across World
Browse suppliers across the globe including Macao, Montserrat, Spain, Guyana, Eritrea, Argentina, Iran, Faroe Islands, Tanzania, Solomon Islands, Luxembourg, Seychelles, Afghanistan, Armenia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Barbados, Turks and Caicos Islands, Hong Kong, Azerbaijan, Singapore, Poland, South Sudan, Cyprus, Monaco, Guam, Mali, Uruguay, Gabon, Madagascar, Lesotho, Colombia, Palestine, San Marino, Panama, French Polynesia, Micronesia, Federated States of, Antigua and Barbuda, Kenya, Cape Verde, Namibia, Tajikistan, Holy See (Vatican City State), Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Guernsey, Togo, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates and other localities of World as well..