Ear Piercing Care Tips
A new piercings should be well taken care of until they heal.
Updated: December 12, 2018
Almost everyone has a few piercings here and there in different parts of the body. But, the most commonly pierced area is the ear. A women's look is incomplete without the perfect set of earrings and to wear the perfect set of earrings it requires you to have piercings.
A new piercings should be well taken care of until they heal. The aftercare is really quite simple. Here are some tips for ear piercing care:
- You should avoid getting your ears pierced by a piercing gun as it might be painful. Instead opt for a needle which is far safer and prevents infections. Also, it is really not painful. The only pro to a gun is that they are faster. They are not as accurate as a needle and they cannot be fully sterilized, where as needles are of single use. With a Gun, you are using a sharpened piece of jewellery with force and velocity to break your skin, where a needle is a much smoother process. It may take an extra couple of seconds but helps your healing. Guns do not remove the tissue and just push it to the side which is why most gun piercings have a lumpy bit of tissue next to them, where as needles are hollow and remove the skin for a better healing and feeling piercing.
- Cleaning pierced ears is of utmost importance. Always wash it with soap and water or any saline solution to prevent spreading germs in an open wound. You can also use some ear piercing solution as well which you can get from the person who pierced your ear.
- Avoid using rubbing alcohol because that will just make the piercing dry out and begin to crack.
- Avoid touching any piercing with dirty hands. It is advisable to clean a non-oral piercing twice per day until healed as over-cleaning can create irritation. Use a very mild soap, and it is important not to twist the jewellery as much as reasonably possible while healing.
- Do not get panic if your piercing randomly swells up or looks red as is just your body trying to heal itself around the new object you have pieced through it. Apply ice if it starts to swell and an antiseptic cream if you get a rash.
- You can also moisturize it occasionally with some good quality moisturizing lotion to let the skin around it be healthy if your ear feels dry and crusty.
- Your first pair should be made of gold or silver. This is because these are pure metals and the chances to you having a random allergic reaction to them is far lesser than if you are wearing something that is made of copper or other metal.
- You should wear your first pair of earrings until your piercings are totally healed as the healing process is quite slow and can be aggravated by the slightest changes. It is the best way to prevent infections.
These tips for ear piercing care are also applicable to other piercings that you might want to go for.
Your lifestyle choices and everyday stress can lead to many eye problems including wrinkles, redness, dryness, puffiness, and dark circles.
Extremely damaged hair develops cracks in the cuticle. Once the cuticle opens, your hair is at risk for further damage and breakage.
You can choose different and more color options as you have more surface area on the eyelids that allows you to mix and match 2 to 3 colors at the same time for big eyes..
Ankle boots has been in fashion from the past couple of years. It looks great with floaty dresses or with oversized coat.
Hair fall can be prevented through medical intervention, taking proper care of your hair and diet.
If you are adamant to get a beautiful skin and to look for some natural beauty tips, you need to follow some dos and don'ts that can work wonders for your skin.
Nail appearance can have a major impact on making a good first impression.
Although curly hair is not much in fashion but still there are many women wish to have curly hair.
Suppliers Across World
Browse suppliers across the globe including Virgin Islands, U.S., Mauritius, Cape Verde, Niue, Cook Islands, Swaziland, Bahamas, Iraq, South Korea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Jamaica, Djibouti, Nepal, Ivory Coast, San Marino, Sierra Leone, Dominica, Austria, Barbados, Pitcairn, Hungary, Scotland, Croatia, Ethiopia, Egypt, Sudan, Kiribati, Estonia, Lebanon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tokelau, Russian Federation, Serbia, Georgia, Cyprus, Bouvet Island, Bahrain, Comoros, New Caledonia, Palau, Nigeria, Liechtenstein, Philippines, Syria, French Guiana, Laos, Uruguay, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Eritrea and other localities of World as well..