Scientific name of Head lice is Pediculus humanus capitis and are generally a few millimeters long. These are parasitic insects found crawling in your hair.
Scientific name of Head lice is Pediculus humanus capitis and are generally a few millimeters long. These are parasitic insects found crawling in your hair. They lay eggs at hair shaft base, where these get appended. Check how to get rid of lice naturally in this article. Here are most effective and safe home remedies to remove lice and nits in hair.
Olive Oil Lice Treatment
Olive oil kill the big sized lice and removes the nits from the hair.
- Apply the Olive oil properly all over the scalp and hair.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off in the next morning.
- comb your hair to remove lice and eggs.
Tea Tree Oil For Head Lice
Tea tree oil is a decent approach to treat hair lice diseases. At whatever point there is a head lice episode at your kid's school, utilize this cure. Tea tree oil has insecticidal impacts, which implies it executes the lice and furthermore the eggs. studies says that tea tree oil is very effective to kill head lice.
- Take a few drops of the tea tree oil and apply it on
- Comb the hair from top to bottom to remove all the dead lice and nits in the morning.
- Do this before going to bed.
Listerine For Head Lice
Eucalyptus and thymol present in Listerine can kill the lice effectively.
- Apply listerine your hair and scalp and cover with the shower cap.
- Leave the shower cap on for 1-2 hours.
- Wash it off with shampoo.
Mayonnaise For Head Lice
Mayonnaise is one of the effective home remedies for head lice.
- Rub mayonnaise thoroughly on your scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it on overnight.
- Comb it in the next morning and wash off your hair.
Apple cider vinegar For Head Lice
Vinegar contains acetic acid that helps in removing lice and nits from the hair.
- Mix the vinegar with some water and apply this on your hair and scalp.
- Cover your with a shower cap and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Comb hair thoroughly remove the lice and eggs.
- Wash off your hair.
- Repeat this steps if required.
Neem Oil For Head Lice
Neem oil also helps kill head lice. Use neem oil regularly to get rid of head lice.
- Mix a few drops of neem oil to your regular shampoo
- Rinse your scalp and hair with this solution.
- Comb it remove the dead hair lice.
Eucalyptus Oil For Head Lice
Eucalyptus oil can kill head lice effectively.
- Combine the essential oil with the carrier oil.
- Apply on the scalp and hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Keep it on overnight.
- Comb hair in the morning to remove dead lice and then rinse hair as usual.