Garlic is known for its medicinal properties which is beneficial for health as well as beauty.
Garlic is known for its medicinal properties which is beneficial for health as well as beauty. Eating garlic may help combat colds, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and even reduce your risk of dementia.
contains sulphur compounds that helps to slowing or
stopping the growth of certain cancer cells. And garlic has antioxidants
that can protect our skin from the aging effects of free radicals. Used topically or as a part of your diet, garlic has properties that may help with hair growth.
Some of the nutritional benefits of garlic may extend to your hair. Raw
garlic is high in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins B-6 and C,
manganese, and selenium. All of these nutrients promote healthy hair.
Natural antimicrobial and antifungal properties found in garlic also
contribute to healthy hair, as these properties can help kill
bacteria and fight germs, keeping you and your scalp healthy.
Garlic protects keratinocytes from UV damage and thus acts as an anti-aging material. Keratinocytes are skin cells
that produce keratin. These cells are on the outer layer of your skin,
including the skin on your scalp, and in your hair follicles.
Garlic has also gotten attention as a possible remedy for thicker, longer hair.
Below tips are given to use garlic to get healthy hair.
Garlic For Stronger Hair:
Because of the sulphur content, garlic oil helps hair grow stronger. Sulphur acts as a building block for keratin, which is basically the nutrient that makes your hair grow.
Simply massage garlic oil into your scalp for 15 to 20 mins. Leave it for sometime and then wash your hair with cold water and a mild shampoo followed by a good quality conditioner. It will help your hair become strong and flexible.
Garlic to Reduce Dandruff:
Because of the anti-fungal property of garlic, it helps fight dandruff and restore your hair to its original health.
Garlic to Prevent Hair Loss:
Garlic contain Selenium which provides Vitamin E for your hair which is essential for your hair. This prevents hair breakage thus improving the overall health of your hair
Garlic to improve the blood circulation in your scalp:
As garlic contain Vitamins C, B2 and B1, , these vitamins increase circulation in your scalp and promote healthy hair growth by preventing hair loss and balding.
Garlic to grow hair longer:
The iron, minerals, and vitamins in garlic help your hair grow longer faster. Thus, you should use garlic to prevent hair loss which in turn will make your hair longer.
Garlic to prevents defective hair growth:
Garlic is rich in copper that helps prevent defective hair growth.
Garlic adds to the structural component of your hair:
Garlic adds calcium to your hair which helps improve the structural component of your hair.
Garlic to make your hair Spongy:
The manganese content in garlic allows your hair to act like a sponge and soak up any and other nutrients that it needs to be healthy.
As garlic essential oil is different from garlic oil, be careful while applying it on your hair. Garlic essential oil is very concentrated and often contains an alcohol as part of storing the extracted garlic oil. Also the sulphur compounds present in garlic make any garlic oil potentially very irritating to your skin and eyes.
You can make your own garlic conditioner using ingredients from your kitchen. It is important to dilute garlic with an oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil to limit the risk of skin irritation, which are both good for your hair.
Garlic hair mask:
To prepare the conditioner you need:
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil garlic per clove
- fork, garlic press, or blender
- small pan
How to make the conditioner?
- Crush the garlic using a fork, garlic press, or blender.
- Warm the oil in a pan over low heat and add the garlic when the oil is warm. Make sure the oil is not hot.
- Swirl the garlic around the pan just until it becomes fragrant . You don't have to cook the garlic.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Store the oil in a glass jar or bottle (dark glass may help the mixture last longer).
How to use the conditioner?
- Gently massage 2 tablespoons of the oil into your scalp.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and wait 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
- Repeat this twice a week for best results.
You can also make a garlic hair mask by adding equal parts honey-to-oil to your homemade garlic treatment and following the same application steps.
Remember, talk with your doctor before you try an at-home treatment.
Chemical burns:There are also risks involved when you
consider using garlic on your hair or any other part of your body.
This is especially true for people with sensitive skin. Garlic
can cause burns when applied to the skin, and instances of serious
chemical burns from garlic used as home remedies are well-documented.
risk isn't limited to raw garlic. Products containing garlic, such as
essential oils, can also irritate the skin and eyes. So it is important
to talk to your doctor before beginning any treatment that incorporates
Alternative methods for hair growth and reduce hair fall:
Many other treatments may help you get thicker, healthier hair. The best thing that you can start with is to doing your part to reduce the amount of damage to your hair.
Here are some helpful tips to help you reduce damage:
- Wash your hair less often to avoid drying it out.
- Air dry instead of using a blow dryer.
- Limit the use of heat-styling tools, and apply a protectant before use.
- Use fewer styling products.
There are also natural treatments that may help you grow thicker, healthier hair or prevent hair loss. Some of these include:
- Coconut oil: Applying coconut oil to your hair can help prevent breakage and damage, resulting in longer, thicker hair. It also protects hair against damaging UV rays.
- Avocado oil: The minerals in avocado oil help seal cuticles and prevent breakage. Avocado oil is also an excellent moisturizer.
- Biotin: Taking a biotin supplement may improve hair health. Biotin may increase thickness and length.
Eating a well-balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals can also improve the health and appearance of your hair and prevent thinning.