You can use different hair mask that suits you to treat your hair if it becomes dry and brittle.
Dry hair look lacklustre and be fragile and brittle as it does not absorb or retain enough moisture to keep its texture and brightness. Dry hair is also hard to make any style. You can use different hair mask that suits you to treat your hair if it becomes dry and brittle. These include:
Coconut oil Mask for Dry Hair:
Coconut oil is a natural emollient that fills in the gaps in your hair strands if they have been damaged by heat or the sun. Coconut oil is particularly good at penetrating hair fibers. Coconut oil improves the overall appearance of your hair by smoothing your hair strand-by-strand. You can treat your hair to a deep-conditioning treatment of warmed coconut oil once every week.
You can prepare a simple hair mask by boiling curry leaves with coconut oil for 2–3 minutes and leaving it to rest in a cool place for a few days. It can be gently rubbed into the hair and scalp with the fingertips when the mixture is cooled. After massage cover with a warm towel. Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes or overnight and after this time, shampoo and rinse the hair.
Gelatin Mask for Dry Hair:
Plain gelatin is a good protein source for the hair. It coats the hair strands and moisturizes them, making the hair smooth and shiny.
Mix one tablespoon of gelatin with one cup of warm water. Leave it aside for 5 minutes to partially set the gelatin. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 6 drops of an essential oil, such as jasmine, lavender, clary sage, or rosemary to the preparation and stir. Apply the mixture to clean hair. Leave the application on your hair for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Egg and mayonnaise Mask for Dry Hair:
Eggs and mayonnaise contain lots of protein, which helps to fortify and strengthen the hair and restore moisture to brittle or very dry hair.
You can prepare one of these protein-based mixtures at home in the following ways:
Whip an egg white with 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water and apply the mixture to the hair and scalp. Massage with the fingertips in circular movements for a few minutes. Rinse the hair with cool water and then shampoo.
You can also mix three eggs in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey to it. Apply the mixture to hair and scalp.Cover the head with a plastic covering or shower cap for about 30 minutes.
Rinse the hair with cool water and shampoo.
Alternatively, wet the hair with warm water and gently apply to it a thick layer of mayonnaise. Gently massage the hair and scalp, working it through the hair strands to the ends. Cover the head with a plastic cap for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse the hair with cool water and shampoo.
Yogurt and oil Mask for Dry Hair:
Yogurt and oil together can make an effective home treatment for dry hair. Add half-a-cup of plain yogurt to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 6 drops of an essential oil. Mix together thoroughly and apply the mixture to clean hair. Cover with plastic or a shower cap and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse the hair thoroughly with warm water.
Avocado paste for Dry Hair:
The avocado fruit is rich in vitamins A and E, saturated fats, and minerals. These all helps to moisturize, strengthen and nourish damaged and dry hair.
To prepare an avocado paste, mash a ripe, peeled avocado with one egg and apply the mixture to wet hair for 20 minutes. Then rinse the hair several times to clean it throughly.
Banana mask for Dry Hair:
Because Bananas are high in potassium and have high moisture content, they can help prevent split ends, soften the hair, and improve elasticity.
To prepare a banana mask, mash one banana and thoroughly spread it on the hair, from roots to ends. Leave it on for one hour and rinse with lukewarm water.
Making some lifestyle changes and taking preventive measures can help alleviate dry hair. Tips include:
- Avoid overuse of hair styling products, including hair dye and heated styling tools, such as a blow dryer, curling iron, and flat iron.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Avoid excessive contact with chlorinated water in swimming pools.
- Use soft and padded hair accessories and avoid metal clips and other metal accessories.
- Avoid washing hair too often, only washing it every few days instead.
- Use mild shampoos, such as herbal or sulfate-free shampoos.
- Use cold or lukewarm water instead, of hot water when washing hair. Cold water helps to seal the cuticles and reduces moisture loss.
- Use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, such as those with softening oils that can include sweet almond, Argan, sunflower, and soybean.
- Protect the hair from harsh elements and chemicals at the beach or swimming pool. You can do this by rinsing hair with one fourth cup of apple cider mixed with three fourth cup of water before going to the beach or after a swim.
- Trim the hair frequently to prevent split ends showing.
- Wear hats and scarves to protect the hair from the sun.
- Wear loose hairstyles instead of tight ponytails.
- Do not sleep with accessories in the hair.
- Apply a weekly moisturizing hair mask.
- Drink plenty of water and follow a healthful, balanced diet, as your diet will directly impact the health of your hair.
With some dietary and lifestyle changes, and with several home remedies dry hair can be managed in an inexpensive and effective ways to bring back smoothness, moisture, and shine.