Chakki Chalanasana is one of the most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Churning the Mill Pose Pose. The name Chakki Chalanasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of three words, where Chakki means grinding in the mill, Chalana means Churning and Asana means Pose, so the combination of all the words, its pronounced as a The Churning the Mill Pose.
Chakki Chalanasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Chakki Chalanasana include strengthening the Abdominal Organs, Improve the Function of Reproductive Organs, Improve the Function of Digestive Systems, Prevents Back Pain, Reduce Abdominal Fat, Relieves in Menstrual Issues and Increasing Blood Circulation around the Body.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Chakki Chalanasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Chakki Chalanasana (The Churning the Mill Pose Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and sit down on the yoga and brings your leg straight in front of the body.
- Now lock your fingers with each other of both hands and brings your hands out straight before of your chest.
- Then hold your arms straight horizontal throughout the practice; check that your elbows shouldn't be bending.
- Now bend forward while not straining associate degrees assume that you simply are churning the mill with an quaint stone grinder.
- Presently turn (pivot) to the right with the goal that your hand goes over the right toes as far to the impeccably fine.
- Now lean back as much as you can on the rotation.
- In forward rotation, put your arms and your hands to one side, over your left toes at that point back to the inside position.
- One rotation implies one round finished, do at least 5 to 10 rotation clockwise and after that anti-clockwise direction.
- While doing the rotation, you should move your body from your hips. (Your hips should be straight; try to move your upper body from the hips).
- For beginners, try to try to rotate 5 to 6 rotation in one attempt.
- To release from this position, breathe in and slowly get on to the starting position. Now keep your both the hands alongside your body, keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana. You should do minimum 10 repetitions of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, and arms but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Chakki Chalanasana (The Churning the Mill Pose Pose):
Chakki Chalanasana Strengthens the Abdominal Organs:
Studies have been proven that, practicing of Chakki Chalanasana on a regular basis can improve the strength of the abdomen organ because while doing Chakki Chalanasana, it puts lots of pressure on abdomen organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our abdomen organ and it also improve the blood flow to the that region, which help to increase the strength of abdomen muscles.
Chakki Chalanasana Improve the Function of Reproductive Organs:
Studies have been proven that, practicing of Chakki Chalanasana on a regular basis can improve the function of reproductive organs, which helps in enhancing sexual performance because while doing Chakki Chalanasana, it squeezes the sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance.
Chakki Chalanasana Improve the Function of Digestive Systems:
One of the best health benefits of Chakki Chalanasana is, it helps in improving the digestion. Different studies have been proven that Regular practice of Chakki Chalanasana can create a lot of pressure on stomach and inner intestine, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and it also promote the production of digestive juice and enzymes that helps in digesting of food and helps to prevent constipation. So those who are poor digestion they can practice this asana on a regular basis for better results.
Chakki Chalanasana Prevents Back Pain:
Different studies have been proven that, those who are suffering from any perennial back pain, Chakki Chalanasana is very beneficial for them because while practicing v it create lots of pressure on the spine and it helps to stretch our spine that helps to improve the flexibility of our spine that helps to prevent back pain.
Chakki Chalanasana Reduce Abdominal Fat:
Regular practice of Chakki Chalanasana is very beneficial for reducing the abdominal fat, because while doing this Chakki Chalanasana, it creates lots of pressure on the abdominal area, due to this our abdominal muscle gets toned and helps in reducing the fat in this region. So to get the six pack abs, you should practice this asana on a regular basis.
Chakki Chalanasana Relieves in Menstrual Issues:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Chakki Chalanasana is very helpful for menstrual issues and it also helps to maintain length of menstrual cycle because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on groin part that helps to Relieves in Menstrual Issues.
Chakki Chalanasana Increasing Blood Circulation Around the Body:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Chakki Chalanasana can help to improve the blood flow, because when we are doing this exercise its increase our blood circulation and it put less pressure on our cardiovascular system, so blood flow will more and easier.