Padvritasana is one of the most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Single or Double Leg Circle Pose. The name Padvritasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of three words, where Pad means Legs, Vrit means Circle and Asana mean Pose. In this Asana you rotate our legs (single or Double) in clockwise and anticlockwise headings, so in English this asana is pronounced as The Single or Double Leg Circle Pose. This is one of the best asana for reducing the fat from the belly and thigh region.
Padvritasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Padvritasana include Strengthening Buttocks, Abdomen, and Spine, Helps to Reduce Belly Fat, Improves Digestive Health, Improves Blood Circulation, Strengthen Hips, Thighs and Waist, Enhance Sexual Health and Reduces Fat from Thigh Area.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Padvritasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Padvritasana (The Single or Double Leg Circle Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and lie down on your back. Keep your forehead Relax and resting on the ground.
- Your legs should join together and placed your arm alongside your body.
- As you breathe in lift your right leg up and rotate your leg in the clockwise direction.
- Attempt to make five to ten circles without touching the floor. (While you are doing the circles, you can breathe normally or you can hold the breath amid making circle with your legs.)
- After rotating your leg five or ten times, gradually bring down your leg, rest in Savasana position, and take a little rest for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Then rehash a similar procedure with your substitute leg and rotating your leg in anti - clockwise direction.
- You can also do this asana in both legs.
- Breathe in and like up your both the legs.
- Rotate both the legs all over, right-left in every one of the four bearings as much as you can. With your both legs make circle in clockwise direction or anti-clockwise direction.
- For beginners, try to make at least 5 to 10 circle.
- To release from this position, slowly come to the starting position (Savasana) and then keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana. You should do minimum 10 repetition of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, back, abdomen and knee, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Padvritasana (The Single or Double Leg Circle Pose):
Padvritasana Strengthens Buttocks, Abdomen, and Spine:
This asana is also very useful for our buttocks, abdomen and spine. Different studies have been proven that regular practice of this asana improves the elasticity of this muscle and also helps to increase the blood flow in this area, so the regular practice of this Padvritasana helps to strengthen and prevent injury in the buttocks, abdomen, and spine.
Padvritasana Helps to Reduce Belly Fat:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Padvritasana is very helpful for our abdominal muscles and it also helps to reduce the fat from the belly region because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on our abdominal muscles that helps to reduce the extra fat from the belly.
Padvritasana Improves Digestive Health:
Regular practice of Padvritasana can improve our digestive health and it also helps to prevent various types of digestion related issues, such as constipation because while doing Padvritasana, it's create lot of pressure on stomach and inner intestine, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and it also promote the production of digestive juice and enzyme that helps in digesting of complex protein and carbohydrate.
Padvritasana Improves Blood Circulation:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Padvritasana can help to improve the blood flow, because when we are doing this exercise we are laying down on the floor and it put less pressure on our cardiovascular system, so blood flow will more and easier. Beside this, regular practice of Padvritasana improves the cardiovascular health and it also helps in preventing various types of cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack, heart stroke, high cholesterol, etc.
Padvritasana Strengthen Hips, Thighs and Waist:
Different studies have been proven that the regular practice of Padvritasana, can stretch your Hips, Thighs and Waist muscles, that improves the elasticity of this muscle and also helps to increase the blood flow in this area, which mean muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition that helps them to strengthen and grow, so the regular practice of this Padvritasana helps to prevent injury in Hips, Thighs and Waist during exercise and other works.
Padvritasana Enhance Sexual Health:
Practicing of Padvritasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it squeezes our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance. Beside this regular practice of this asana also helps to improve the strength of the hips, calf and thigh muscles, and all these body parts are very useful for optimal sexual performance.
Padvritasana Reduces Fat from Thigh Area:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Padvritasana is very helpful for our Thigh muscles and it also helps to reduce the fat from the thigh region because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on our thigh muscles that helps to reduce the extra fat from the thigh.