Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana is one of the most important and advance asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Revolved Head to Knee Pose. The name Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of four words, where Parivrtta means Revolved, Janu means Knee, Shirsa represents the Head and Asana means Pose, so the combination of all the words, its pronounced as a The Revolved Head to Knee Pose. You need to ace in essential extending asana, after that you can practice The Revolved Head to Knee Pose.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana include stretches the full body, remove stress, calm the mind, improve circulation, Boost sexual activity, reduce fat from the thighs area, strengthen the muscles of calves and hamstrings, stimulate endocrine glands, improves digestion, helps to remove lower back pain, improve the flexibility of the spine and longevity, improves the health of respiratory system, prevents constipation, and regular practice of this yoga also helps in weight loss.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (The Revolved Head to Knee Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and sit down on the yoga mat.
- Keep your legs widely open in front of you.
- Presently twist your left leg and overlap your foot in your crotch.
- After that twist your right knee on a little scale and move it near your right hip.
- As you exhale, turn sideways near the privilege and allow the back of your right shoulder squeeze near the inward side of your knee.
- Allow your right lower arm to drift along inside the right knee and bend forward near the foot.
- Now, try to catch your right foot with the help of your two hands, the right hand along inside the right knee and the left hand associating for the toes of your right foot.
- While you are holding the right leg make a point to keep the left twisted leg remain on the floor. In the meantime gradually try to keep your knee strong and extended.
- At this point, your right knee keeps your middle towards confronting the roof.
- After that, raise your left hand and place it over your head squeezing it over the left ear.
- Keep in this position and gently breathe in and breathe out.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- To release from this position, slowly come to the starting position and then keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana with the opposite leg. You should do minimum 10 repetition of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, shoulder, abdomen and knee, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (The Revolved Head to Knee Pose):
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Strengthen Calves, Ankle and Hamstrings Muscles:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of this Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, stretch your calves and hamstring muscles, that puts extra pressure on this muscle and the blood flow will increase in this area and muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition, which helps them to strengthen and regular practice of this Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana also help to prevent injury in calves and hamstrings during exercise and other works.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Helps to Reduce Back Pain:
Different studies have been proven that, regular practice of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana can very helpful for those who are suffering from any perennial back pain, because while practicing this asana it create lots of pressure on the spine and its also stretch the spine, that helps to improve the flexibility of our spine that helps to prevent back pain.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Enhance Sexual Health:
Practicing of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it stretches our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Strengthen the Neck, Chest, and Shoulders:
While practicing Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, it stretches our neck, chest and shoulder muscles that help to improve the blood flow in this area and keep our muscle tone and strengthen. Different studies have been proven that regular practice of this Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana will helps to reduce the pain in the shoulder and arms and keep the bone strong.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Improves the Function of the Kidneys and Livers:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana is very beneficial for in improving the function of livers and kidney, because while doing this asana, it creates lots of pressure in the kidneys and livers that help to produce of stress hormones, which stimulate our kidneys and liver for better functioning.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Stimulates the Thyroid and Pituitary Glands:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana on a regular basis can improve the thyroid and pituitary gland health, because it creates a lot of pressure on the thyroid gland in the neck region, due to this our body promotes the secretion of thyroxin hormone, which is very beneficial for hypo and hyperthyroidism.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Helps to Reduce Belly Fat:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana is very helpful for our abdominal muscles and it also helps to reduce the fat from the belly region because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on our abdominal muscles that helps to reduce the extra fat from the belly.
Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana Relieves Stress and Anxiety:
While we are doing this Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, our blood circulation gets increase, which also helps to improve the blood flow to the brain, which mean our brain will get sufficient amount of oxygenated blood and nutrition, which helps to improve the brain function and it also helps to reduce the various types of issue, such as stress, anxiety, headache, etc.