Sukhasana is one of the easiest, basic and most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as Easy Yoga Pose. The name Sukhasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, it is a combination of two words, where Sukha means Delight or Bliss, and Asana means Pose. This fundamental Asana is best for learner to start their yoga session. This is a meditative and unwinding posture. Sukhasana is one of the easiest yoga asana to perform.
Sukhasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Sukhasana include removing Stress, Increases the Focus of Mind and Concentration, Strengthen Hip, Knee and Thigh Muscles, Enhance Sexual Health, Improves Digestive Health, Helps to Reduce Back Pain and Reduce Lower Body Fat.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Sukhasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Sukhasana (Easy Yoga Pose):
- To start this yoga asana get onto the yoga mat and sit down normally on the yoga mat.
- Now fold your legs and widen your knees, all together that you can slip your both feet under the inverse knee.
- After that you need to twist your knees alongside overlap your legs.
- Keep your feet free, all together that the outer edges lay on the floor and the internal bends are settled underneath the inverse leg.
- Your thighs and crossed legs should outline a little triangle. Keep some space between your feet and pelvis.
- Normally sit with your buttock in a natural position.
- Keep your hands on your knees with palm looking down and grow your tailbone against the floor.
- Keep in this position and gently breathe in and breathe out.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To release from this position, slowly come to the starting position and then keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana. You should do minimum 20 minutes of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, shoulder, abdomen and knee, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Sukhasana (Easy Yoga Pose):
Sukhasana Helps to Remove Stress:
Studies have been proven that practicing of Sukhasana on a regular basis is not only good for our stomach, but also it helps to calm the mind and release the stress. Sitting in this posture can put stress on leg muscles and improve the flexibility and keep our leg muscles relaxed. Practicing this asana with slow breathing can reduce the stress and increase the blood flow to the whole body, so it is highly recommended to who is suffering from stress; they should practice this yoga on a regular basis.
Sukhasana Strengthen Hip, Knee and Thigh Muscles:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Sukhasana, can stretch your Hip, Knee and Thigh Muscles, that put extra pressure on this muscle, so that blood flow will increase in this area and muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition, which helps them to strengthen and regular practice of this asana also can help to prevent injury in Hip, Knee and Thigh Muscles during exercise and other works.
Sukhasana Increases the Focus of Mind and Concentration:
Regular practice of Sukhasana helps to improve the focus of mind and concentration because while doing Sukhasana, it will help to promote the blood flow to the brain and volumes is more. Due to increase in blood flow to the brain, it gets more oxygen and vital nutrients, thus your brain gets more focused and function properly. So this asana is highly recommended to the student, if they practice Sukhasana on a regular basis, it can improve their concentration towards studies and they will focus more towards their carrier.
Sukhasana Helps to Reduce Back Pain:
Different studies have been proven that, regular practice of Sukhasana can very helpful for those who are suffering from any perennial back pain, because while practicing this asana it create lots of pressure on the spine and its also stretch the spine, that helps to improve the flexibility of our spine that helps to prevent back pain.
Sukhasana Reduce Lower Body Fat:
Regular practice of Sukhasana is very beneficial for reducing the lower body fat, because while doing this Sukhasana, it creates lots of pressure on the lower body part, due to this our lower body muscle gets toned and helps in reducing the fat in this region.
Sukhasana Enhance Sexual Health:
Practicing of Sukhasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it stretches our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance.
Sukhasana Improves Digestive Health:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Sukhasana can improve our digestive health and it also helps to prevent various types of digestion related issues, such as constipation because regular practice of Sukhasana put some extra pressure on stomach and inner intestine organ, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and also helps to promote the production of digestive juice and enzyme that helps in digesting of food and helps to prevent the waste from our body.