Titli Asana is one of the most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Butterfly Pose. The name Titli Asana actually comes from Sanskrit words, where Titli means Butterfly and Asana mean Pose. So combine all the words, it's pronounced as The Butterfly Pose. This Asana is very similar to the body posture of Butterfly, so this asana is named as The Butterfly pose.
Titli Asana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Titli Asana include strengthening The Thigh, Hips and Calf, Improves Digestive Health, Promotes Natural Childbirth, Reduces Fat from Thigh Area, Enhance Sexual Health, Improves Kidneys and Liver Function and Relieves Stress and Anxiety.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Titli Asana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, hip injury, ankle injury and knee injury, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana. Those suffering from any form of hernia should avoid this practice.
How to do Titli Asana (The Butterfly Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat and sit in the Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- Now bend your both the legs from the knee and place your both the legs in, such as ways that the soles of your feet are touching one another.
- Try to keep your feet as near your pubic area as possible, in different words, attempt to pull your heels inwards.
- Now hold both the feet together with your hands and your spine should be erect and straight as much as possible.
- Now breathe in and keep your hand on both knees.
- As you breathe out, move your knees upward and downward till your knees touch the ground.
- Breathe normally and keep repeatingthis process at least fifteen to twenty times.
- YouÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ll speed up the lowering and raising of the thighs to further relax the muscles.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 3 to 4 breathe.
- To release from this position, slowly come to the padmasana and then keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana. You should do minimum 10 minutes of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, hip, thigh, calf, abdomen and knee, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Titli Asana (The Butterfly Pose):
Titli Asana Strengthen The Thigh, Hips and Calf:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Titli Asana, can stretch your hips Thigh, Hips and Calf muscles, because while doing Titli Asana, it puts extra pressure on this muscle, so that blood flow will increase in this area and muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition, which helps them to strengthen and regular practice of this asana also can help to prevent injury in Thigh, Hips and Calf during exercise and other works.
Titli Asana Improves Digestive Health:
Regular practice of Titli Asana can improve our digestive health and it also helps to prevent various types of digestion related issues, such as constipation because while doing Titli Asana, it's create lot of pressure on stomach and inner intestine, due to this our body create stress hormone, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and it also promote the production of digestive juice and enzyme that helps in digesting of complex protein and carbohydrate.
Titli Asana Promotes Natural Childbirth:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Titli Asana is very beneficial for the pregnant woman and it helps to promote the natural childbirth.
Titli Asana Reduces Fat from Thigh Area:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Titli Asana is very helpful for our Thigh muscles and it also helps to reduce the fat from the thigh region because while doing this asana it create lots of pressure on our thigh muscles that helps to reduce the extra fat from the thigh.
Titli Asana Enhance Sexual Health:
Practicing of Titli Asana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it squeezes our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance. Beside this regular practice of this asana also helps to improve the strength of the hips, calf and thigh muscles, and all these body parts are very useful for optimal sexual performance.
Titli Asana Improves Kidneys and Liver Function:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Titli Asana is very beneficial for in improving the function of livers and kidney, because while doing this asana, it creates lots of pressure in the kidneys and livers that help to produce of stress hormones, which stimulate our kidneys and liver for better functioning, beside this it also helps to reduce the fat stored in the liver and kidneys.
Titli Asana Relieves Stress and Anxiety:
While we are doing this Titli Asana, our blood circulation gets increase, which also helps to improve the blood flow to the brain, which mean our brain will get sufficient amount of oxygenated blood and nutrition, which helps to improve the brain function and it also helps to reduce the various types of issue, such as stress, anxiety, headache, etc. This asana is highly recommended to the student, if they practice Titli Asana on a regular basis, it can improve their concentration towards studies and they will focus more towards their carrier.