Trikonasana is one of the most important asana in yoga with lots of health benefits. It is also known as The Triangle Pose. The name Trikonasana actually comes from Sanskrit words, where Trikona mean Triangle and Asana mean Pose, so combine of all the words, it's pronounced as The Triangle Pose. Beside this, the posture of Trikonasana resembles like a Triangle, so in English this asana is known as The Triangle Pose.
Trikonasana has lots of health benefits; among that some of the health benefits of Trikonasana include strengthening Hips, Back, Chest and Shoulders, Relieves Stress and Anxiety, Enhance Sexual Performance, Prevents Back Pain, Improves Digestive Health and Strength to the Thighs, Calves and Buttocks.
Before we go to do this asana, we should know for whom this Trikonasana is not recommended. Those who are suffering from severe back injury, shoulder injury, and neck pain, recently any surgery on your back or waist, spinal column ailments on the lower vertebrae they should not do this asana. Those who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, they should not do this asana without any supervision. Those who are suffering from severe headache they should avoid this asana.
How to do Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose):
- To start this asana get onto the yoga mat, stand straight on your feet, your feet should width apart.
- Now turn your right foot to the outside completely and then turn your left feet inside less than 45 degrees. Your heels should be in the line of the hips.
- They spread your both the arts to the sides parallel to the ground and your palms should face in the downward position toward the ground. Your Trunk should be extended to the right as you are comfortable as your arms are parallel to the ground.
- Then try to bend your upper body from the right side, so that the right hand should reache the right food and try to place your palm down to the ground and your left art should be extended vertically to the ground
- Try to keep your spine parallel to the ground and keep your head and neck in relax position as you comfortable.
- Now turn your head upward position and try to gazing your left hand thumb.
- Try to remain in this position as much time as you can.
- For beginners, try to be in this position for 3 to 4 breaths.
- To release from this position, slowly raised your body from the right side and keep both your arms parallel to the ground. Now down both the arms and keep both the hands alongside your body, keep your leg straight and take a deep breath and relax.
- Now you can again do this asana on opposite side. You should do minimum 10 repetitions of this asana for better result.
- Initially, when you start this yoga asana, you feel some pain in your legs, spine, thigh, and arms, but as you practice more you can do this asana more easily.
Health Benefits of Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose):
Trikonasana Strengthen Hips, Back, Chest and Shoulders:
Different studies have been proven that regular practice of Trikonasana, can stretch your hips, back muscles, chest and shoulder muscles, because while doing Trikonasana, it puts extra pressure on this muscle, so that blood flow will increase in this area and muscles will get more amount of oxygen and nutrition, which helps them to strengthen and regular practice of this asana also can help to prevent injury in hips, back muscles, chest and shoulders during exercise and other works.
Trikonasana Relieves Stress and Anxiety:
While we are doing this Trikonasana, our blood circulation gets increase, which also helps to improve the blood flow to the brain, which mean our brain will get sufficient amount of oxygenated blood and nutrition, which helps to improve the brain function and it also helps to reduce the various types of issue, such as stress, anxiety, headache, etc. This asana is highly recommended to the student, if they practice Trikonasana on a regular basis, it can improve their concentration towards studies and they will focus more towards their carrier.
Trikonasana Enhance Sexual Performance:
Practicing of Trikonasana on a regular basis can enhance sexual performance because while doing this yoga asana, it squeezes our sexual organ, which helps in the production of stress hormones in that area that helps to stimulate our sexual organ and it also improve the blood flow to the sexual organ will help to increase the function of sexual performance. Beside this regular practice of this asana also helps to improve the strength of the hips, calf and thigh muscles, and all these body parts are very useful for optimal sexual performance.
Trikonasana Prevents Back Pain:
Different studies have been proven that, those who are suffering from any perennial back pain, this asana is very beneficial for them because while practicing this asana it create lots of pressure on the spine and it helps to stretch our spine that helps to improve the flexibility of our spine that helps to prevent back pain.
Trikonasana Improves Digestive Health:
One of the best health benefits of Trikonasana is, it helps to improve the digestion. Different studies have been proven that Regular practice of Trikonasana can create a lot of pressure on stomach and inner intestine, due to this our body create stress hormone in our stomach, which helps to promote the function of the digestive system that improve the proper bowel movement and it also promote the production of digestive juice and enzymes that helps in digesting of food and helps to prevent constipation.
Trikonasana Strength to the Thighs, Calves and Buttocks:
Different studies have been proven that the practice of Trikonasana, can stretch your Thighs, Calves and Buttocks, that improves the elasticity of this muscle and also helps to increase the blood flow in this area, which helps to get the Thighs, Calves and Buttock muscles toned and also helps to prevent injury in Thighs, Calves and Buttocks.