Your lifestyle choices and everyday stress can lead to many eye problems including wrinkles, redness, dryness, puffiness, and dark circles.
Your lifestyle choices and everyday stress can lead to many eye problems including wrinkles, redness, dryness, puffiness, and dark circles. This can also lead to serious issues such as loss of vision.
Following a few daily habits can reduce eye problems and disorders to a great extent. Below mentioned are some of the best natural eye care tips for your beautiful eyes:
Vitamins And Minerals For Beautiful Eyes:
Proper nutrition is one of the largest contributors to your overall health. Vitamin A and Vitamin C are the two most important vitamins to perform at its best and to keep you looking yours.
Add some carrots or squash to your daily diet to boost your Vitamin A levels and natural glow of your skin. Add more of citrus fruits or bell peppers for an extra dose of Vitamin C. This will improve the look of your eyes.
The easiest way to keep your eyes looking great is to follow a healthy diet and make sure you are getting enough of the vitamins required for your body.
Also, consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These foods are the best sources of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants and help prevent most eye problems and vision-related issues.
Water or Herbal Tea For Beautiful Eyes:
Taking enough of water and fluid such as herbal tea, juice etc not only does it help your body and skin but it also helps your eyes.
Teas can provide your skin that extra boost to take care of those dark circles with other eye problems. By staying hydrated, your body will stay healthy, your will skin glow, and dark circles will disappear.
Black/Green Tea Bags For Beautiful Eyes:
Cold tea bags can do wonders for your eyes. Soak two tea bags in warm water and then cool them in the fridge for a few minutes. Place them on your eyes for several minutes. As tea contains tannins that are excellent in reducing puffiness, pacing cold tea bags on your eyes will eliminate puffiness. As herbal tea bags aren't as effective as the black tea bags, don't use it.
Chilled Cotton Balls For Beautiful Eyes:
Dip cotton balls in cold water and keep them on your eyes for 5-10 minutes. It will help reduce the dark circles.
Rose Water For Beautiful Eyes:
Rose water has natural properties that can rejuvenate your eyes. One or two drops of it can cleanse your eyes and help them sparkle.
Cucumber Slices For Beautiful Eyes:
Cucumbers not only prevent dark circles but they also hydrate the skin to keep it looking fresh. Cucumbers are also one of the simplest eye care treatments. All you have to do is peel, slice and place fresh cucumbers on your eyes for fifteen to twenty minutes.
You can also extract cucumber juice, dip cotton pads in it, and place them on your eyes.
Almond Oil And Lime Juice For Beautiful Eyes:
Alternate hot and cold compresses on your eyes for 10 minutes and then apply a mixture of a teaspoon of almond oil and half a teaspoon of lime juice. Let it stay overnight for best result.
Almond Oil And Honey For Beautiful Eyes:
Apply a mixture of one teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of almond oil to your under-eye area before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Raw Potato Juice For Beautiful Eyes:
Raw Potato Juice is also equally effective in treating sore eyes and dark circles. Place two slices of potato on your eyes for 10 minutes or apply raw potato juice to the under-eye area.
Cucumber With Basil Tea For Beautiful Eyes:
Puffy eyes can be treated with basil tea and cucumber juice. Mix the two and pour the liquid into the ice tray. Place the ice cubes on your eyes.
Cold Compress For Beautiful Eyes:
Use cold water or ice cube bags to make cold compresses. Place them on your eyes and repeat until the puffiness is gone.
Eye Care Tips For Computer Users:
People who do computer related work stare at a computer screen for as long as 8 to 9 hours at a stretch. This often puts a strain on your eyes resulting in tired and dry eyes. You need to consider the following eye care tips to keep them healthy in this case.
- Make sure the computer screen is not brighter than the background light when you are working on a computer. Also, sit away from the window to minimize glare. Siting close to window can put strain on your eyes as it makes your eyes work harder.
- Do not look at the computer screen at a stretch. Take a break and look at something that is at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. This helps in reducing eye strain and improves the ability of your eye to focus.
- The moisture on the surface of the eyes, which keeps your eyes lubricated, evaporates, making your eyes dry if you don't blink often. This causes dry eyes syndrome. To prevent dry eyes, don't forget to blink often.
- Wear a customized computer glass while working on the computer, especially if you wear glasses or contact lenses.
Tips For Eye Care For Those who Wear Contact Lens:
- Always wash your hands using water and soap before you handle the contact lenses. Rinsing them thoroughly and then either air-dry them or pat them dry will make sure that no germs and bacteria are transferred to the lens from your fingers.
- Wear contact lens and use them as per the instructions given to you by your ophthalmologist. Avoid sleeping with the contact lenses on and using expired lens solution for cleaning them. Replace them at regular intervals.
- Always use the sterile solution provided with the contact lens to store them. Never use tap water to rinse them or store them in saline solution. Also, do not wet them with your saliva, as it can transfer bacteria to the lenses, which can easily infect your eyes.
- Avoid using the tinted lenses sold in decorative shops as these lenses can cause irreparable damage to your vision and eyes.
- As smokers are more vulnerable to eye issues, quit smoking. Quitting smoking is good for your overall health also.
- Visit the ophthalmologist to get a comprehensive eye examination done every year. With this, do not ignore even the slightest signs of discomfort in your eyes.