Frontal hair loss is the initial stage of male pattern baldness and can be prevented.
Frontal balding or hair loss has become very common now a days because of genetics or lifestyle that we have. Usually the main cause of frontal male balding is genetics. An increased level of a hormone called DTH causes the hair to fall out. Besides that, the other causes for frontal hair loss can be an unhealthy diet and lifestyle, psychological and physiological stress, hormonal imbalances, scalp infections, bad handling of hair as well as illness and medications. However, frontal hairline regrowth is possible. Male pattern balding is the most common among men. Frontal hair loss is the initial stage of male pattern baldness and can be prevented by the below tips:
Hot oil massage:
A coconut hot oil massage stimulates growth and prevents more hair from falling out of your scalp. It also maintains the growth by making your existing hair stronger and more flexible. To use it follow the below steps:
- Heat some coconut oil till it is hot but make sure not to boil it. Now, gently massage it onto your scalp and leave it like that for approximately 1 hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a week and notice the difference in your hair in just a few months
Below listed are some oils that can be used for hot oil massage.
- Avocado oil is moisturizing, making it ideal for dry and frizzy hair.
- Castor oil tends to be slightly drying, but it also adds strength, making it great for oily hair as well as brittle hair.
- Coconut oil is moisturizing and suitable for all hair types. It will leave your hair soft and shiny.
- Jojoba oil is weightless and ideal for oily hair.
- Sesame oil is great for all hair types. It will condition your hair and add shine.
Fenugreek seed oil:
Fenugreek (methi) seeds are a great source of nourishment for hair as it is packed with protein and high amounts of vitamin C. It is rich in nicotinic acid which is considered a great hair booster and hair follicle energizer. Therefore fenugreek (methi) seeds can be used to prevent or restore frontal balding.
To use it follow the below steps:
- Warm 5 tbsp. of olive oil and put 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in it
- After the seeds are partially fried, strain the oil
- Apply as much as you need on your hair and scalp and massage your head for 15 minutes
- Keep it overnight and wash off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo in the morning
- Repeat this method 3 to 4 times a week and stop your hair fall in no time
Lemon and amla oil:
Being a great source of vitamin C, lemons helps your hair grow thicker and stronger. Amla, also strengthens hair and gives them a boost of health. The anti-inflammatory and the exfoliating properties of amla helps promote faster growth of hair, maintain a healthy scalp and prevents premature greying.
As it is rich in vitamin C, consuming amla will strengthen the hair follicles and help you to control it.
To use it follow the below steps:
- Mix equal quantities of fresh amla juice and lime juice
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp for 15 minutes
- Rinse it out with water and a shampoo
- You need to repeat this procedure at least 2 to 3 times a week
Amla and Curd Hair Pack:
Hair packs nourish your hair and reduce dryness. Always go for natural hair packs instead of chemically synthesized ones.
A curd mask for hair will not only help you prevent frontal hair loss, but also at the same time will help you recover the loss because of the protein present in it.
Mix together about a cup of curd and 2 tablespoon of amla powder. Apply this hair mask on your hair and leave on for around half an hour. After that wash with a mild shampoo and cool water.The protein and vitamin B5 present in this mask will help your hair grow stronger and longer. You can use this hair mask once a week.
Chose the right products:
Chose the right products for your hair that suits you the most. They will not slow hair loss, but will contribute at least to keeping your hair looking good and in good health for as long as possible.
The scalp has also sebaceous glands, sweat glands and nerve endings in addition to hair follicles. So, a good shampoo is all you need to keep this balance. Hair loss often happens because of irritation and dandruff. These problems can be resolved using a gentle, soothing shampoo. Make sure that you rinse off thoroughly to remove all traces of soap. Massaging the scalp to make the shampoo penetrate to the roots will stimulate blood circulation and increase the amount of nutrients that reach the hair follicles.
Keep the scalp and hair Hydrated:
The hair those are less dehydrated, resists external attacks better and breaks less easily. Therefore keep the scalp and hair hydrated by locking the moisture in it. You can apply honey to your hair as it will act as natural moisturizer.
Keep the right cut:
Choosing a right haircut can sometimes conceal balding area. The longer your hair, the more you highlight the balding area. Trying to hide a bald head by pulling long strands over the top does not work actually. So, choose short hair that will keep your hair voluminous, thus can hide balding areas. You can leave slightly longer strands on the front to cover the balding areas. You can also adopt the androgynous look, which is short back and sides, with a long fringe at the front.
As stress leads to hair fall, try to minimize it as much as possible. Keep your worries at bay and enjoy every moment of your life with great joy and fun. You can get involve in stress relieve activities like yoga, meditation, daily walks, journaling, art therapy, time with loved ones. Try out whatever works for you.
Sleep well and meditate often.
Follow these methods for 5 to 6 months and you will notice a difference in the hair growth as well as the quality of your hair.